HAPPY EASTER! Here at the Harward House, we had a GREAT Easter. We woke up to find the Easter Baskets that the Easter Bunny had hidden in our house. (Addie woke up at 11:00 last night, and started to head down stairs to find her Easter basket. I had to redirect her back to her bed and remind her it was still night time! She also told me last night that she doesn't agree with Landon, who thinks that the Easter Bunny is a person dressed up in a bunny outfit bringing baskets to all the kids, because humans have to sleep at night so a human couldn't bring the baskets. It must be a real bunny who can stay up at night. {cause it's much more believable that a rabbit can pack up and lug baskets to children's houses than that a human might stay up late to bring them. I had to try REALLY hard not to laugh}).
All the kids had coloring books, crayons, apple sauce packs, juice boxes, a bit of candy, and a few other goodies.Then we got started on breakfast. Steven made the bacon.
Landon helped with the biscuits.
Grant made the juice.
Addie helped Steven make the scrambled eggs while I made the gravy.
After our biscuits and gravy and eggs, we got ready for Church. I found the purple ties for the boys last night and decided we'd all wear purple. It all came together surprisingly well!!
This was the best picture I got of all of my kids. Ella was on one today. She wouldn't cooperate with anything!
My handsome boys!
A proud dad with his girls.
This is the best I got of Ella. Like I said, she was on one!Last week we had our Family Home Evening on the true meaning of Easter. We talked about the life of Jesus. His Atonement, death, and Resurrection. I was FLOORED at how reverent and interested my kids were. We probably had a 20-25 minute lesson (unheard of in this house). Landon really got it. He listened. He asked questions. He wanted to know more. I was SO glad we were able to have that special spiritual Family Home Evening with our little family.
After church, the kids and Steven colored Easter Eggs while I made dinner.
Thanks to my Aunt Gwen for the great idea of using whisks to hold the eggs!!! They worked like a charm. I might need to go buy 4 whisks to keep with our holiday stuff so I'll remember to do it again next year.
Overall, a perfectly Easter-ly day!!!


3 comments:
So cute. I love the purple, and Addie's dress is really great!
Who's the gray haired fat guy in all of those pics? Oh that's right, that's me. I need to whip my butt into shape!
That theory about the Easter bunny is completely hilarious.
Post a Comment