This week has been a week 'oh, joy' moments. Some on the sarcastic side like this picture below:
oh...joy... Grant got my camera and snapped a super nice (not!) picture of me scratching my eye. (he somehow was able to zoom in even! Although, I'm not sure which is worse, this or the 10 pictures of the Barney show he was watching).
But the next picture is an Oh, Joy! I told Grant that the picture he took of me was silly and so he wanted me to take a silly picture of him. Oh how I love those dimples and cute face (and red eye because he poked himself in the eye while drumming)!!!Every time Ella is outside it is a major 'OH JOY!' moment. This girl LOVES to be outside and will fight tooth and nail to get out a door when she sees a chance. She really loves going on walks. (look at Landon's legs in the picture. Those rubber looking legs crack me up!)
Grant on the other hand, finds that walks are more hassle than their worth. After crying for over half of our walk, I finally let Ella walk, and pushed Grant in the stroller. oh...joy...
Addie however loves the freedom that she feels when on a walk (as does Landon, who had a BLAST trying to figure out little riddles I would ask them. Addie was pretty amazing and figured most of the riddles out first).
Until I ask her to push the stroller while I keep Ella out of the way of bikers on the trail. Then the walk is more of a burden than a delight.
Play time on brothers bed is always fun for Ella.
Sleeping on mom's bed, because she was puking every hour or so, is not too fun (for her or me!)
But the joy that comes from reading a book when she is feeling better is pretty great!
The complete lack of joy, when the puking spreads to me, Landon, and then the next day, Addie (who threw up in her friends car on the way home from a play date).
And for my big Oh, Joy!! moment... My fabric came!!! HOORAY!!! I can't wait to get started on this quilt!!!
5 comments:
Seeing that fabric "in person" makes me very excited to see the end product-and even the steps in between! Family does bring us joy...thanks for the reminder!
Fun fun fun! I like rubber legs too.
That is adorable fabric!!! I saw that picture of Addie with the bowl and I thought..'cute little girl fell asleep eating a bowl of popcorn!' cause that's how I find Bryan in his bed quite a few weeks...only its an empty bowl of popcorn, not a barf bowl.
I feel like we dont' talk abnymore! We went through the week or so before you came and we were texting and then you were hear and we hung out a lot and now I feel like the SArah spot of my life is empty!! ;)
Yuck, its not fun when everyone has to get sick!!! Hope you are all feeling better!! Can't wait to see what you make with that fabric-love it!!!
The picture of your Addie pushing the stroller is fantastic; it has captured the attitude you described perfectly. I also love the purposeful walking in boots by your daughter Ella.
Post a Comment