So, I have been spending WAY too much time searching on-line and fretting over what fabric to use for a quilt I'm making for Landon. I finally narrowed it down to two fabrics. Both of which aren't available for purchase until July!! So, I started over, and have again, narrowed it down to two choices. I really love both, but for different reasons. I would LOVE anyone and every one's opinions on this.
Number 1: Celebration Remix (red, aqua, black and white).
Pros: It's a tad less expensive.
I really love the lines and angles.
I love the bold colors.
It will be really easy to find coordinating fabrics to tie in for backing, binding, and what not.
Cons: I'm afraid it might be a bit too 'modern' looking, and since the quilt will be for an 8 year old, I want it to seem age appropriate. (I will obviously not be using the flower one that is the 5th one down)
These color's don't really scream LANDON to me. Not sure what colors would, but originally I was thinking something with green, blue, maybe orange. Bur I really do love these colors and patterns now that I've found them!!
Number 2: Sage Primatex Basics
Pros: More traditional colors and designs.
These colors have the 'feel' I was originally going for.
More options of colors to tie in
Really love the Navy and Green
I only need 10 different fabrics for the quilt I'm making, and this one includes 17, so I have my choice of which ones I want to use.
Cons: It's more expensive.
I only need 10 different fabrics, and this one includes 17, so I'm paying for 7 fabrics I don't need (and I could just buy them individually, but I can actually do it for less money if I buy the bundle).
I don't really love the sage green, but LOVE the bright green.
Might be hard to match the exact browns, greens and blues if I need to bring in fabric from another line or store.
So, PLEASE cast your vote, and let me know why you think what you think. Thanks a TON!!


7 comments:
Sarah, I l-o-v-e the bright colors in choice #1, and don't think they're too modern at all! I'd love to see your pattern and can't wait for you to past the finished product! I may need to talk to you about quilts I'm making for my kids... Good luck!
I would have to vote for #1! I do really like the second choice, but I'm not too fond of the dark colors for the second choice, I really like the light ones! But overall, I vote #1. I really like the reds and blue and I think red is a Landon color!
I just asked my Mom also...she voted #1 to! She said #1 seems happier and the second choice seems too grown up.
Good luck choosing!! Glad it's you and not me! ;)
I vote for #1. That argyle is too much fun!
Number 1 for me too. I think it looks like Landon, maybe more than the second one. Fun, bold, and super cute.
Love you
I like the second set. Looks more boyish to me. - Amanda
I have an account now so I can comment on your blog. However, I have no comment to make about the quilt.
Steve-o-torpedo cracks me up!~!~
Post a Comment