Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Grateful Heart

As I admit this, I hope I'm not the only one who has or does feel this way. There are times when I hear someone complain about how hard their life is, with only one kid, and I just have to bite my tongue because I think "Really? Try having 4! I WISH I could go back to having one kid and enjoy how easy life was!" And I'm sure there are people who have 5 or 7 or 10 kids who listen to me and think the same thing.
Well, I'm admitting to these self absorbed (or maybe self righteous) feelings because I've been thinking about life lately. It is so easy to get caught up in why life is so hard. Why every mess they make is such a thorn in my side. Why every minute I spend redoing something I've already done a million times before is such burden and waste of time. It's easy to feel sorry for myself for having to repeat myself 100 times before anyone pays any attention to me.

But I would hate for something life changing to happen to my family and for me to look back and think 'Oh, I wish I could go back and be able to enjoy my life when I have 4 little busy kids!' I want to remember how much I enjoy these little people even when life isn't perfect.
 
And I mean, come on! What's not to enjoy about these cute kids? Tonight as we made a fire, roasted marshmallows and enjoyed the stickiness of s'mores I was so thankful that this is how I get to spend my life. With these perfect kids and a wonderful husband. (now, let's just hope I remember this tomorrow when I'm trying to get them to do their chores and not make more messes in the process!)
What a grateful and lucky momma I am!
Ella drummed like a mad woman on that trash can in her diaper (don't judge me! My kids usually have pants on, and it kind of drives me crazy to see a kid in just a diaper, but it was just before bath time and she was already on her second outfit for the day!)

2 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

Oh my goodness! Each time I look at pictures of your beautiful children, it takes my breath away.

steve-o-torpedo said...

Those are some cute lil kiddos for sure.