So, I went to my quilt class last night, and this is what I came home with.
It was a quick top (once I had the strips cut (you're supposed to use a jelly-roll, but I'm too cheap to spend $35 for pre-cut strips, so I cut my own) and sewn together in a long strip). I wasn't thrilled with how some of the colors overlapped and ended up next to each other, but overall, I was happy with it and how quick it was. I need to get some fabric for the borders, then it will be ready to quilt!In other news, the kids and Steven decided to camp out on our trampoline. Our trampoline is smaller than a normal sized trampoline, so they were snug and comfy once Steven got on.
After about 3 hours, when no one was asleep yet, Grant had had a melt down or two, and the mosquitos were out, they moved their camp-out to the bedroom floor. It was fun while it lasted.
I just realized I never reported on Mother's day. I had a great Mother's day. I got to sleep in. Got French Toast for breakfast, in bed. A sweet card from the kids and Steven. It was Ella's first week in Nursery, so that was the best Mother's Day gift EVER!!
After church I was told I needed to take a nap, but instead I played Skip-Bo with the kids. Steven made dinner, and cleaned up.
I snapped the above picture of Landon, without him knowing. When I showed him the funny picture this was his reaction:
He thought it was quite funny!
My and my busy little 18 month old!!
After dinner we went on a walk and saw LOTS of people with their dogs. Every time, Ella would reach her arm out and start flapping her fingers like she was trying to grab them while squealing 'PUPPY!'. We all got quite a kick out of it!
3 comments:
I love the quilt. I want to make one. I will have to watch out for a jellyroll sale. Can't wait to quilt it for you.
So cute! I miss you guys like crazy!
You are the cutest Mama ever. I'm glad it was a good day!
Post a Comment