HOORAY!! Summer is here! I'm excited to have no schedule, all the kid home, and lots of fun this summer! (I'm also kind of dreading going to the store now that I'll have all the kids with me all the time, I totally got spoiled going in the mornings when I only had 2 kids at home!) I thought I took a picture of Landon and Addie next to the bus on the first day of school, so I took one on the last day of school, to compare and see how big they've grown. Well, it looks like I never took one on the first day of schoo. Sheesh, I'm so far behind on things I think I'm ahead!
I saw this idea a while back to make a 'Welcome to Summer' sign. I had planned on having their swim suits laid out, buckets of water and sponges and water balloons read for a water fight, and home made cookies and milk ready for a snack. Well, we were heading for Nauvoo right after the kids got home from school, but I did manage to make a quick sign and make cookies. (which is impressive since I made bread, cleaned and packed (most of the packing i had done earlier that week), made stromboli and made chicken salad (for our drive to Nauvoo), cleaned the toy room, cleaned the kitchen 3 times, did 3 loads of laundry, watched 3 kids for a friend, made cookies, and I even managed to shower! For most people, that's probably not too impressive, but it was for me!!)Luckily, the kids were just as excited about summer as I was!
Despite what the picture below looks like, Addie was excite too!!
And they thought my pathetic excuse for a sign was SUPER exciting!!
We are all glad that Summer is here and can't wait to do all the fun things we're planning on doing!!
3 comments:
I love your sign! Your kids are looking so big, especially Addie- she has STRETCHED! Super cute!
Exciting things like GRANDPARENTS CAMP???? I can't wait!
I think that was a totally impressive list of accomplishments and I love Addie's outfit!
Post a Comment