Thursday, May 31, 2012

Treasures

So, one thing I love about school being out for the summer is looking through all the things my kids bring home. I know most people HATE all the papers and paintings and pictures, but since I don't have any guilt about not keeping it all, I love to look through it and find a couple gems I will keep. Below are 3 journal entries from Landon's journal at school, that I just loved! There was one about each of his siblings too, but I didn't get around to taking a picture of those.
This one says, for those who have a hard time reading it: "Yesterday night my Dad said 'MAMA'. I don't no (know) why he said that."  This one CRACKS ME UP!!! Steven always calls me 'Mama' and I'm sure he was down stairs and I was upstairs and he just wanted to show me something or something, but I thought it was so funny that the next day, Landon remembered this random moment and decided to journal about it!
 "My dad is great. He is my favrit (favorite) dad evru (ever)! I wunt (want) to be a sopr (super) sun (son) for him. My famle (family) is my favrit famole (family) evru (ever). My life is osum (awesome). I love my family so much they are great"  No, honestly, even if this isn't your child, doesn't that just make your heart smile? Oh, I love it!
 
And here's my entry. I'm going to just type it with corrected spelling because it's getting annoying to have to keep correcting everything in parentheses.
"My mom is funny. She is the best mom ever. She is great. My mom is happy a lot. She is my favorite mom ever! She is awesome! Because she is my favorite in the entire world. She is, and she is great. And she is awesome. My family is the greatest family ever. And she is nice and she is a good person. I like her a lot."
Ah...I'm going to have to keep this somewhere where I can read it often. LOVE. IT!!

In other, completely unrelated news, we made pizza for lunch yesterday, and Landon and Addie made theirs into their initials. They ended up being huge, but nothing brings excitement to the Harward Kitchen like letter shaped pizza (unless it's letter shaped pancakes, or sugar cookies, or biscuits or...you get the idea).

No comments: