Remember how I bought that SUPER cute fabric to make a quilt for Landon's 8th birthday? Well, here's a sneak-peak!
My mom came up to visit this week (oh, man! Was it ever nice to have her here!). She brought up her fancy sewing machine, to add some detail to the 8 main blocks in the quilt. We got the 8 blocks done, and this morning, before she left, we were laying out the quilt. I wasn't quite sure how I would keep the blocks in order once we'd assigned them a place. Mom had a GENIUS idea (she's full of those). We got a vinyl table cloth that I had in my back closet. We used the weird flannel side and my pieces stuck to that like a dream! When we had the pieces in place, I just rolled the table cloth up, and moved it back to the office. Today during quiet time I was able to get all the pieces sewn together so the only thing left to do is add the border and then quilt it!! I am SO excited!! I really love the way it's looking so far!!
Okay, one more peek, just because it turned out so cute!! (these pictures are obviously from when we had the pieces laid out, not after I've sewn them together, lest anyone think I can't match up edges and such!)
And because I can't resist, here's a cute picture of Grant sleeping on my bedroom floor. My mom went to Addie's 'Grandparent's Day' program at school on Wednesday afternoon. Ella was down for a nap and Grant was going to watch a show. I checked my e-mail quickly before I put on Netflix for him, but by the time I was done checking my e-mail he was out! Ahh...makes my heart happy!!
3 comments:
I love the quilt so far. Super cute!
We are a great team. I am so impressed with us!! The quilt is going to be so cute, just like Landon! Love you and miss you.
That quilt is so awesome! Are you for hire?
Post a Comment