Christmas morning started at 7:00 with Brad, Jessica, and James ringing the doorbell telling us to wake up and start the fun!! The kids were SO excited! Here's they are all lined up on the stairs waiting to come down and see if Santa came!
Then they inched down a bit more because they just couldn't wait!!And Addie's face says it all! They were thrilled with everything!!
One of Grant's favorite gifts, his own belt! Oh boy, he was just giddy about that! And also his new watch, and black socks.
Landon was pretty excited about the electric tooth brush that was in his stocking!
And in true Addie form, she was THRILLED with her make-up and brushes!
...and purse!
I wasn't sure what Landon would think about this gift. The Elmer's have this large Grover toy that Landon has always LOVED. Since he was little (and even over Thanksgiving when we went to visit) he would find that Grover and play with it non stop. Luckily he was THRILLED to have his own Grover now! (thank you e-bay since they don't make this particular Grover anymore!)
Landon was also thrilled with his mini basketball hoop!
Ella decided to wake up half way through the gift opening and was pretty excited about her new stroller!
My mom made all the kids new pillowcases to match the blankets she made them last year. She also gave them a new pillow inside the pillowcase (which, I was surprised to find out, my kids were SUPER excited about!).
And I, of course, got my new Santa from my dad. Every year my dad makes us a new Santa, and this year's Santa is just adorable! He kind of reminds me of a hobo Santa. I love how Dad painted him to look like his boots and jacket have snow dusting on them!
All my Santa's!
And Steven gave me a painting of our first date. He had an artist in our ward paint a picture of our first date, which was a horse drawn carriage ride around Nauvoo (where were were both working that summer). Oh my, I love it! I need to get it framed and I can't wait to hang it up!
Some favorite gifts were: scooters, roller skates, Gift Card's (so they can shop!! Holy cow, they're excited about that!) and the one's already mentioned. And that, in a very small nutshell, was our Christmas morning (I was going to recap what each kid got, but don't feel that i have enough brain power for that right now!)
3 comments:
Your sweet hubby is one of the most thoughtful and romantic guys I know! Awesome Christmas, Sarah!!
The picture turned out great!
Your dad is really talented! I had no idea that he did woodwork. I think this year's Santa is my favorite.
Props to Steven--that's a really sweet idea. I may have to drop hints. Oh wait our first date wasn't nearly as cool. And I'd hate to have a bunch of people bumping and grinding on my wall (Prom)
Post a Comment