One of Addie's Christmas gifts this year was being enrolled in a ballet class. She started on Tuesday, and LOVED it!!
I made sure before I signed her up that this was the right class for her, since she's never been in a class before. They assured me it was the right class. However, the first thing the teacher said when they got in there was 'First position. Now demi-plié , grande-plié. Now second position...' Poor Addie didn't know what any of those words meant, but she was good at keeping up.Later, I found out that 3 of the 6 girls were in the teachers ballet class the previous semester, where they learned the terms and techniques. This semester they're just learning routines for the recital in June. The teacher assured me that Addie would be fine in there, and luckily Addie had no clue that she didn't know what some of the other girls needed.
I think one of her favorite parts of the class was the 'free dance' in the middle of the class. I thought she'd be too shy to just let it all out and dance her heart out, but she LOVED it and was SO cute prancing around!
I still think it's amazing how much joy I can get from watching my kids do something new and exciting and have fun at it!!

3 comments:
I don't know much about ballet, but that last picture looks like she knows exactally what she is doing. She will be a beautiful ballerina. Tell her I love her!!
I'm so glad Addie is enjoying her dance class! I too love watching the kids try something new that they enjoy a lot. It is so fun to watch them progress and grow. It was good to talk to you briefly yesterday!
I always wanted to be a ballerina when I was little! She is adroable!
Post a Comment