While Steven was at Scout Camp (which turned into a week in Nauvoo because he left Scout Camp early when our dear friend in Nauvoo had to have emergency brain surgery! Luckily, he's totally fine now!) I took the kids and headed to my parents. Amanda and my Aunt Rhonda (with her three little girls) also came down. It was a party, with 12 kids, the oldest being 10, and no dads, and a sick Grampy! But, we made the best of it (which wasn't hard to do) and had a great time swimming and playing and getting filthy (well, I didn't get filthy, just the kids did that!).
There's just something about kids in goggles that cracks me up! I love it! 
Luckily Jenna, my little cousin, loved swimming with Ella, which made my job super easy!
There was some dress-up play. Landon was SO excited that Grampy let him play with Grampy's real Army helmet (which weighs about 15 pounds) and his real Army uniform.
And of course, everyone just had a great time playing with their best friends, and cousins!
Then one day the kids all made cake pops, which weren't necessarily the most delicious things, but the kids had a blast making them (and a mess)!!
And eating them!
It was so great to have a week to just spend time together and enjoying the nice weather!
And Grant thought the week was so great that he was able to hone into his Superman skills!!
Not pictured: The Louisville Bats game that Uncle Brad and Aunt Jessica took the older 3 kids to. The shopping spree that the girls with May birthday's got to go on (Maya, Carly and Addie) with the gift cards from Nana. The sleep over Uncle Brad and Aunt Jess had with the 6 older kids. The tick Addie got behind her ear. Grampy and Hannie both sick in bed with bronchitis. The yummy milkshakes Nana made for the kids bedtime snack. And I'm sure many other things that I'm forgetting to mention! It was a great week!




2 comments:
I am glad you all had a fun weekend! Bummer your dad and Hannah were sick! I LOVE the picture of Landon and Ella.
Kids + water + cousins + grandparents = lots of fun!!!
Post a Comment