Thursday, December 20, 2007

Family Prayer equals lots of laughs!!

Tonight the kids were SO excited to see Steven when he came home. They didn't get to see him at all yesterday since Steven went straight from work to school. So after a playing their favorite game with Steven (where he throws them on the couch over and over again) it was time for family scriptures and prayer. Well, of course Landon wanted to say the prayers, and we've been working with him because his prayers were pretty much the same thing EVERY time, and he would speed though it so it was something like this "DearEvenFather, thankablessings, Name of Jesus Christ Amen, Amen. (Why he always says 'amen' twice, I'm not sure). So he started his prayer like normal tonight but then he remembered to say other things we're thankful for. So his prayer continued like this, "...and we're thankful that we can go to Nana's house tomorrow,(then he looks at me, and starts talking to me and says this) hey mom! How about when I say but,but,but,but (like he was stuttering) that means 'house'. Okay? (Then I nod my head and he continues his prayer)... We're thankful we can go to Nana's but,but,but,but tomorrow and we're thankful we can wake up in the morning and I will say 'Good morning Mom! Good morning Dad! Good morning Addie!' and they will say 'Good morning Landon! Did you sleep good?' And I'll say 'Yea'...'
It was pretty funny!! Steven and I were trying pretty hard not to laugh. Well, I suppose I should get back to packing and folding laundry so we'll be all ready to go to Nana's 'but,but,but,but' tomorrow!! Tomorrow I've got to drop off Christmas gifts for my YW and the ladies I visit teach, so I'm trying to get a lot of the packing done tonight so I'm not stressing about it all.

Here's a picture of Nana with the grandkids while we were all visiting the Elmers in Philadelphia over Thanksgiving. No wonder Landon's excited, huh? She's wonder woman!!

3 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Fun times with prayer. Lucas says, "Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for the day, bless paw paw in Iraq. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." That's it. He doesn't remember to bless food or anything, but he always blesses his paw paw. Our boys are cute, huh?

joanna said...

Maybe Landon says "amen" twice because after someone says "amen" at church, everyone else says "amen," so it's said twice at every prayer. I don't know. Maybe! It's hilarious how kids pick up on things like that!

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darndest things! Do you remember Jen and Wes? I ran into them yesterday at the SLC airport. How random huh?