Church was canceled today because we got about 6-8 inches of snow last night. The main reason it was canceled was because of all the drifts. In come places you can see the grass, but in other places it's 10 feet deep! So, they canceled church. I didn't complain (except I wish I would have know that last night since I was up until 1:00 writing personalized letters to all my laurels for our lesson today). Landon REALLY wanted to build a snowman and then feed him some snowball soup (Just like Little Critter does in one of his books). So, he and Steven got bundled up and went out to build a snowman, only to find that the snow wasn't really wet enough to pack into a snowman. Landon still had a big pot full of soup and was making snowball soup, even though there wasn't a snowman to eat it. Afterwards we had hot chocolate and Landon LOVED putting marshmallows in his hot chocolate, except for some reasons he kept calling his marshmallows strawberries!! Then I'd correct him and he'd laugh and say 'Oh yeah, not strawberries! marshmallows!!' It was funny!!
Last night we had our ward Christmas party. It was quite enjoyable (except for the fact that my kids were both being CRAZY!!) It was 'A night in Bethlehem' and we all had to come in biblical attire. So, we cut up some old sheets and made costumes for all of us. Landon thought that was cool, until we got there then he took his costume off. Luckily he had clothes underneath. It was really cool though! We had to sign our names to be counted and we were taxed when we got in (1 can of food, that was donated to a food pantry). Then they gave us a paper baggy with fake money in it, then they had all of these booths set up where we could by cheese, fruit, bread, cookies, soup, drinks, toys, crafts, and gold, frankincense, and myrrh. It was pretty cool!! Then they did the nativity and we sang Christmas songs. I wish I would have remembered to take pictures!! Well, I'm off to work on Christmas gifts (or maybe take a nap, we'll see). Hope everyone else has enjoyed their Sunday as much as we have!!
1 comment:
We had a similar activity last year in my singles ward. I remember really enjoying it. Something different then the normal Christmas activities. I am going to send you a message on Bebo...that just you can read so check it out.
Post a Comment