Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Messes only a mother could love!

Since I'm pretty new at this blogging thing, I keep wanting to write something or add something to my page, but am not quite sure what to do. So I was thinking about what I do all day and about how it's no wonder I don't have much to write about seeing as how I just go around cleaning up one mess after another. Then it dawned on me!! I should do a "Harward Messes Hall of Fame". So here it is! Just some of the high lights of what our kids keep us busy doing.


Here is a recent mess that our lovely angles made for us. You know, I'm so thankful they can tell when I'm bored and want something to do (since I never have things I need to get done! I really hope you're feeling the sarcasm here!) Landon and Addie took an entire Malt-O-Meal bag of black cereal (as it's called in our house. Most other people call them Cocoa Crispy's) and poured it all over the toy room! That is of course AFTER they dumped every toy we own out of their drawers!! Yeah, I was not too happy about it!

This was a fun week!! We got to experience an entire pitcher of grape kool-aid dumped on the carpet, a pudding fight in the kitchen (with Addie getting the brunt of it), AND a crushed can of Pringles and an entire tub of frosting dumped all over Addie and the toy room!!




Oh, and then there were the times when Landon has gotten a hold of some sharpie markers!!
We have had sharpie on Addie's face

the kitchen table, wall, window, high chair, microwave, kitchen floor, and living room carpet(yep same place as the grape cool-ade).

Tyler's (the boy I babysit) face

Yeah, Landon is no longer allowed to touch markers.

Well, since this blog is getting a bit long, I'm going to just add some more random messes we've had.
A flooded bathroom (this has happened more times that I'd like to remember!)

Cooking Messes

This one is thanks to my adorable niece Maya

And of course EVERY meal is a big mess!!
As you look at these I hope it will make you realize how extremely lucky you all are to have your kids, and not mine! After all, these are messes that only a mother could love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lots of messes to clean up! I told you that blogging is addicting. It is 11:30pm and I am not packed yet (I leave tomorrow for WA for two weeks) and what am I doing...checking my friends blogs! Looks like you are getting the idea of things on the blog.

Zarsky Family said...

I have to say that Lucas has nothing on your kids in the mess department. I have had some to clean up, but none like you experience! I checked bebo today...nothing new from you, so I thought that I would find something here and I did! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is why you are so patient. You should talk to my sister...she has tons of experience in this department. In the end, at least it will make for somw fun stories to tell their future spouses.

Alicia said...

LOLOLOL!!!
Oh...my sides hurt from laughing.
Sarah...
Wow...
I think I vote for picture #1!
Or maybe the Maya mess...
No, it has to be the marker.
LOLOLOL!!!

joanna said...

WOW! This made the Mess Hall of Fame, I'm sure. Bless your heart!!