Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bowling and Bawling

We decided to do Landon's birthday party before the Elmer's moved. I gave him the option of going to fly kites or bowling. He chose bowling. I made a simple bowling pin cake and bowling ball cup cakes. Landon was SUPER excited about that!The kids had a BALL (no pun intended) bowling (even if it doesn't look like it in this picture, but it's the best one I had with them all)!!Porter was a pro! He didn't hardly use the bumpers and scored an 86!!

In not so happy news, the Elmer's left today. I can't put into words how sad that makes me. Steven keeps saying that I'll be fine, and I know I will be. But it's so sad to see this chapter in my life close. Never again will Amanda and I both have small kids, who stay home with us all day. Never again will we only live a half a mile apart and be able to spend just about EVERY day together while our kids play with their cousins. I just feel like life is going to fast and I'm not sure where it's going and I just want to yell STOP!!!! But, yelling stop doesn't make it stop so I just had a good cry and I'm trying to move on. But I'll tell you what, I'm going to PAINFULLY miss this:

6 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

never again? I for some reason thought he was getting is PHD so he could go back and teach at Purdue?

Searls Stuff said...

Oh Sarah! My heart breaks for you. I still cherish the memories of the few times that your family lived close to mine. Those memories will enrich your life for many years to come. Chin up, Sunshine!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you all the time! How are you holding up??

Kathy said...

Yeah, this made me cry, the one with a heart of steel :) I can imagine how you feel and I am sad for what you are missing. I love you and you can always come to visit me!!

Lynners said...

I love these pics! Good on ya for making the most of this time. They'll never forget it. And soon they'll be old enough to be pen-pals or email each other. Maybe you could do family letters to e.o.

I remember when my very close cousins moved away when I was still very young, but our moms were smart enough to lay a good foundation, and even though they all still mostly live far away, they're my closest cousins and best friends.

Lake said...

Great job on that bowling cake. I may have to steal that idea one of these days.