
After the week I had, this was such a great weekend. Yesterday Steven and the kids got up early and washed his truck. The kids loved it!


After that, I went to a friends and started working on reupholstering a chair that we've had since we got married. It was given to us and I have NO clue how old it is. I LOVE the chair. The fabric was a bit dated, stained and worn. I was given some upholstery fabric from Brother Malcolm (Steven's bag pipe teacher) and thought, why not. I'll try to save this chair I love. After that we had a relaxed afternoon then dinner at Chick-Fil-A (and it just so happened to be 'All you can eat Nugget' night. Which is great, because you get all you can eat nuggets, fries and drinks for $9.99.) Now that's a good deal!


Steven and I had a in home date night after that. We watched a movie and folded laundry (mainly I folded, he hung up what needed to be hung up). I love it when he doesn't have to work the next day and we can stay up late together!

Today was the first day of our new schedule. Our church schedule got moved from 9:00 to 11:00. I heard some complaints about going at 11:00, but I think that's the PERFECT time!! Grant usually goes down for a nap around 9:00, so we don't have to get up early and rush to get out the door, Grant gets a nap, and we still have a good chunk of the afternoon to do family things. Grant didn't cooperate this morning and take his nap like he was supposed to, but hopefully in the future he'll cooperate more. Church was good, as usual.

We came home and ate (which is always good). Then Landon and I colored while Grant and Steven napped. Addie didn't want to color, so she just stayed next to me, rubbing my arm, and talked to me and Landon (we weren't having a conversation really, she was doing pretty much all the talking!) Then I put Aladdin on for the kids to watch while I read my book. When Steven woke up and the kids movie was over we decided to go on a walk. It was SUCH a beautiful day!





On the way home the kids wanted to go visit Brother Malcolm. So we drove to the other side of town and visited with him for about an hour. Then it was home, baths and bed. For some reason Grant isn't sleeping well. I can't figure it out, but it's driving me nuts. Here's to hoping he'll go to bed soon and not wake up every 2 hours like he did last night!!!
6 comments:
Sounds like a perfect Sunday! I love the last picture of Grant! :) Priceless.
kids are so cute when they are sleepy and they can't even keep their eyes open, even when they try really really hard! I am so excited to see you in two months!!! It's been a long time...not really taht long...but too long still.
Sounds like a great day, what book are you reading? My kids really miss Grant they just keep talking about how cute his is and how much they want to see him. By the way this blog was seriously lacking on Landon pictures (get busy).
What a great sabbath! Why did church change to 11am in the middle of the year? Oh, and we might go to Nauvoo next weekend, do you want to meet us there??? :)Oh, and I love Grant's mohawk. too cute
I love, love, love 11am church. I will be sad when we go back to 9am next year. The only weird thing is that we have luch/dinner when we get home because we're so hungry. By 6pm we're still not hungry enough for a full dinner. We call it cereal night.
I'm so glad your weekend went better than your week did! I bet you are lonely. And I hope Grant will let you sleep soon! I'm up with my youngest at the moment, and going a little crazy myself!! It's amazing what you can live through.
Post a Comment