Friday, August 14, 2009

A few of my 'Yeah!!!!' moments


Even though it seems like we're not getting near enough of this (sleep) in our house, here are some exciting things that have been going on.

1. I don't think I ever posted a picture of my FINISHED quilt. So, here it is quilted (thanks SOOOOOO much mom!!!) Sorry the picture isn't the best but YEAH for me for getting it finished!!2. Amanda and I went through ALL of the baby clothes (which was a TON) and got rid of about half of what we had, then split the rest. This is just a small glimpse of the girl clothes. It was INSANE! YEAH for us for FINALLY cleaning out all of our junk!!3. Baby Grant is VERY mobile now! He can army crawl and roll WHEREVER he wants to go. He's SO cute too. YEAH for him for getting around (not so yeah for me for having to keep things out of his reach!)4. When I got pregnant with Grant, I had a really bad eczema break out on my ring finger for the whole pregnancy. I couldn't wear my wedding ring and it didn't seem to matter what I did, but I couldn't get it under control. Well, here he is, 8 months old, and I still was having problems. So I FINALLY went to the Dermatologist, and he gave me a steroid cream and moisturizer and after 2 days, I was able to wear my ring. I don't have a before picture of how cracked, flaky, chapped, red and irritate it was, but here's an after picture. YEAH for wearing my ring again!!5. I wanted to make a quilt for Grant that matched (kind of) Landon and Addie's bedding. A friend from our church had this pattern and I thought it looked easy, and was it ever! I whipped this out in about a day. I can't wait to get it quilted!!! YEAH!! 6. The Elmers are moving to Cambridge Mass tomorrow. We are SOOOO sad about this. We've been getting as much time with the cousins as we can. Last night we went to a local burger place called Triple XXX, and here are the kids with their hats after we ate. We (mainly I) are SOOOO sad that they're leaving. It is so much harder this time than it was when they went to Philly because when they left then, we knew they'd be coming back in a year. Now, there's a good chance we'll NEVER live close to each other again. Okay, I'm not going to talk about this or I'll start crying, but I'm not giving this one a YEAH, it's getting a big fat (think Princess Bride) BOOOO!! BOOOO!! SLIME! FILTH! MUCK! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!6. Last, but not least, Steven came home with a surprise for me yesterday. I can't tell you how excited I was about this!! I have this little arm chair that I LOVE but is in desperate need of reupholstering. Steven, realizing I would probably NEVER reupholster the one I had, brought home this BEAUTIFUL chair! I LOVE it. And now I'm dedicated to reupholstering my other chair, so I can have two (kind of matching) chairs!! Thanks Steven. I love you dearly and you get a great big YEAH!!!!!Okay, I should go. I've got the Elmer kids over here and I need to go make sure they're not killing eachother. Steven took Grant to bagpipe lessons and they should be home soon anyway. (See, isn't Steven the greatest?!)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah, I love Steven too. What a great guy. You are soooooo lucky!! Blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where do I start? I LOVE the chair! What a great hubby!! The quilt looks fabulous!! You are so talented. Grant looks adorable...of course. Yeah for being able to wear your ring. And lastly, I am so sorry that Amanda is moving. I have been thinking about you so much lately. You are in my thoughts. I know it will be hard. I cried the day Janel moved away from me...7 years ago. It was hard, but it brought us closer together in other ways. Miss ya tons.

Katy Wilson said...

I kept reading the line "We are soooo sad they are leaving" over and over again and every time I read it it said "We are sooooo excited they are leaving" and I just kept reading it and I couldn't make it say the right thing...but then it did.

Gigi said...

Sarah your quilt is beautiful! And I love the top you have put together for Grant. (I need to know where you got some of your fabrics.)

Searls Stuff said...

Great job on giving yourself some much deserved praise. As I read your blog, I realized I needed to look at all of the positive things I accomplished this summer instead of the list of things I never got around to. Thanks for being an inspiration for me.

Lynners said...

Your quilt is perfect! It's so gorgeous, but looks like it must have taken 1,000's of hours! Well done.

I absolutely love that chair! Your hubby has amazing taste! I can't wait to see how you redo your other chair. That will be fun if they coordinate.