- Mom, Amanda and I making cards for my Granny (her Christmas gift every year is homemade cards for her to send people on their birthday's.)
- Mom, Amanda and I helped serve dinner for some 'Angle Tree Families'..
- We went to a candy store and watched how Candy Canes are made. It was pretty cool, but very crowded so we didn't get the best pictures.
- We had our family 'Memory Christmas' (where we all write down a memory for everyone in the family and then mom prints them off into a book and we all get a copy of the memories). We did this early so the Elmers could be here. They left on the 22nd to go to Washington to be with Casey's family.
- We had a Gingerbread House building contest with the teams being: The Elmers, The Harwards (minus Steven because he had to go back to work for a couple days), Brad and Jessica, and The Porters (mom, dad, Hannah, and James). I only got finished pictures of ours and the Elmer's.
(Harward's on the left, Elmer's on the right)But its fair to say that those working without the help of kids did a better job.
- Of course Nana read tons of Christmas stories to the kids.
- Mom and I stayed out until 2:00 in the morning finishing up our Christmas shopping. It was INSANE!!
- We had our annual 'Fancy Dinner' on Christmas Eve. We always do the nativity story with the kids kids on Christmas eve, then put them in bed. Then the adults enjoy a nice 'fancy dinner' without the kids. The food was amazing! We had Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, Shrimp Cocktail, and Puff Pastry covered Brie for the appetizers. A yummy salad with strawberries, toasted almonds, mandarin oranges and a poppy seed dressing. Prime Rib with Au jus, twice baked potatoes, raspberry vinaigrette green beans, and bread. And then we had home made Blondie's, made in individual ramekins with a delicious maple sauce over. We were ALL stuffed afterwards!! I'm so mad I forgot to take pictures of the table all decorated! My brother took this one and e-mail it to me, but it didn't have the cute name cards and a good shot of the centerpiece that Jessica made in it!

- Christmas morning did not disappoint! I think Addie had visions of rats nests dancing in her head though. She always has the craziest bed head!
We tried to tone the presents down a bit this year. Each kids had 5 gifts (and their Santa gift). I was feeling bad at first because they each got books and church outfits and that's about it. But they loved their Santa gifts and they didn't seem to mind or care at all that there wasn't a mountain of presents for them to tackle. Landon got a ton of rescue hero action figures (I got them all for $10!! Including the vehicles!!) He has LOVED LOVED LOVED them! Here he is with about half of what he got.
- Addie got dishes and play dough. I was so excited about these little pots and pans and stuff because you can really cook in them!! How cute is that? I LOVE Ikea! (that's where they're from.)
- Of course, the stockings were a HUGE hit! Both the big kids got a magnifying glass (which they loved!), an umbrella, socks, a toothbrush, some candy, and some other junk.



- The kids weren't too fond of having to wait for the parents to get ready before they could head down. Landon thought it was torture to wait for everyone. It's not like we showered or anything even. It was a whole 3 minutes of waiting time. Be he wasn't excited about it!
As you can see, it's been a fun filled week. But now I've got to go get my kiddos in the bath so they're ready for church in the morning.

4 comments:
How fun! Glad to hear it was a great time for all!
It looks like Christmas was an exciting time for one and all. Happy times!
cute cute cute. Grant's hair looks great. We sure miss you guys.
I think I alreay told you but you make the Christmas look so fun, none of the hectic cooking, cleaning and shopping is even hinted at in your photos. Good job.
Post a Comment