Sunday, December 6, 2009

I really shouldn't procrastinate!

I have this problem. I procrastinate, then when I finally do the thing I've been putting off, it's HUGE (or at least overwhelming!). We've had a very fun week, and I have a lot to report. Amanda came down on Tuesday, and it's been nothing but fun and chaos ever since!! It's been so great having my sister around again!! There's been all sorts of fun stuff going on!

First of all, the kids got a package from Santa's Helper (Grandma) and inside was one of his magic elf's. Once the kids name him, he turns magic and every night hides and the kids have to find him the next morning. After a lot of discussion and a couple secret ballot votes, we got all the kids to agree on a name. Meet Sheldon. He hid on the clock the first night.We had our ward party on Friday, which meant a very packed and busy day and a half for us. After cooking over 20 recipes of corn chowder AND over 20 recipes of chili, making more than 90 popcorn balls, and making over 4 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange, we were glad the day was over!! Saturday we cleaned up the house (with the kids help) and then took them to a fun place called Monkey Joe's. It was more expensive than I wanted it to be (we didn't know the weekends were more money or we would have gone another day!). The kids had such a blast! Afterward we headed over to CiCi's Pizza (which is right next door to Monkey Joe's). The kids thought it was great, but especially since there was a man there making balloon animals and such. The boys got a really cool alien with a gun and all. And Addie got a really cute flower and Maya got a swan.
The funny thing was even though we cleaned the house before we left, it got a bit messy while trying to get everyone ready and out the door. When we got home, Landon saw the 'getting out the door mess' and said 'Mom! I think Sheldon messed up our house while we were gone!!' I was cracking up! We're planning some fun stuff for this week (mainly projects Amanda and I have been wanting to get done) and they'll head to mom and dad's on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm trying to talk them into leaving on Friday, or even next Monday!! We'll see how convincing I can be!

5 comments:

Lake said...

The truth is, Mark never would have remembered to take that picture if I didn't threaten his life. You know how it goes.

Zarsky Family said...

I am glad you are having fun with Amanda!!! You two have so much fun and get a lot done together :)

Kathy said...

I really want a Sheldon :)

Searls Stuff said...

I am so glad you girls have been able to spend some time together. Your pictures are great.

Lynners said...

I LOVE Sheldon! What a fun idea! Will he have to return to the North Pole after Christmas? Or do you get to keep him around?