Saturday, January 2, 2010

Not off to a great start...

I've been putting off writing this for a while, mainly because our main computer isn't working great right now, so I have to use the laptop, which for some reason, I hate. The other reason I've been putting it off is because I'm not exactly sure what I want to put down. I really want to make some New Year Resolutions. My main resolution though, is to achieve the goals and resolutions I set for myself. But, with that in mind, it makes me very weary of what I want to commit to doing. Like, I'd love to stop procrastinating, but as we can see, I'm already failing at that because I've already put off writing this blog! I'd also love to lose weight, but I went to weight watcher this morning and was up 5 pounds from the holidays! 5 POUNDS!! RIDICULOUS!!! There are a lot of things I'd like to commit to changing, but don't want to list it, because if I don't achieve it, that will just be one more thing for me to add to my list of failures. But, I know nothing will happen if I don't just get started, so I'm going to count this as my rough draft. I'll edit it as I see fit later.

  1. Achieve the goals I set for myself.
  2. Talk nicer to my children.
  3. Plan more fun and purposeful (is that a word?) activities for my family.
  4. LOSE WEIGHT!
  5. Spend more time on spiritual rejuvenation.
  6. Go on more date nights with just Steven.
  7. SERVE OTHERS!
  8. Stop procrastinating.
  9. Make a new healthy recipe each week.
  10. Declutter my house and make a cleaning plan to keep it clean.
  11. Finish Steven's denim quilt.
  12. Make and stick to a budget.
  13. Go to the temple every month.
  14. Get all our pictures copied onto CD and put it in our fireproof safe.
  15. Play with my kids more.
  16. Do a lot of home improvements.
  17. Develop better sleep habits.
  18. Exercise consistently.

The list really could go on and on and on. But since this is just a rough draft, I think I'll just end it here and go take a little nap. I have some cute pictures I need to add but the laptop doesn't take my memory card, so here's to hoping we get our computer fixed soon!!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Sarah I think you're amazing! Just because you're not off to a great start doesn't mean things won't end well. Keep your chin up and call me to do any of the things on your list with you. (Many of them are on mine too. I'm just not brave enough to post them.)

Leah said...

I have this same resolution dilemma every year. Like maybe if I don't tell anyone it won't matter if I don't do it!?! But one thing I have learned to do a little better, which has helped all of my goal completion, is changing my mental paradigm from "I messed up, it's over" to "I messed up, I can start again tomorrow (or in the afternoon, tonight, next 5 minutes etc.)" One failure does not mean success can't be achieved!!

Katy Wilson said...

am I a bad friend because I never said happy birthday to you on your birthday...and because i am a horrible commenter on your blog...and because i never call you ...and because i never email ou or send letters or cards?
cause I don't mean to be...
i wish we lived closer...