Thanksgiving was great! We had such a great time reuniting with the Elmers, but the best news from the weekend is that BRAD IS GETTING MARRIED!! YEAH!! He proposed to Jessica on Thanksgiving and we are all SO excited to have her in our family!!


And here's the random things that have been going on around here from before, during, and after Thanksgiving! We headed to Chick-fil-A a couple days before Thanksgiving and Grant LOVED the milkshake we all got to share.

and this was the face he would give us if anyone else tried to take a drink!

When we headed to mom and dads I told the kids that the Elmer's wouldn't be there until the next day, so they were oh so excited when they saw them there waiting for us when we got in. Oh how fun it was to watch their excitement at being reunited with their cousins!!! I was so wrapped up in the fun of it all, that I forgot to take pictures (that was my problem most of the weekend!). After a delicious thanksgiving dinner we went to shoot off rockets (which as been a tradition that we adopted from Casey's family and have LOVED). It was cold this year, and rainy, and the detonators (or whatever you want to call them) were being a bit fickle, but it was so fun!!








Addie stayed in the car watching a movie, she thought it was just a bit too cold and too loud.

Shortly later, Tim and Grant joined her.

And Steven thought it was a great time to practice his bagpipes!

Friday night we had an impromptu family talent show. It started out with a human pyramid.

The kids individual talents were so cute!!

I guess Maya's talent is her flowing hair.

Addie graced us with her stories in jibberish.

Landon did magic by making things disappear (by putting them behind his pants then down his pants, but don't tell anyone. Magicians never tell their secrets!!)

Porter showed us how to do make finger puppet designs with our fingers. But I think the adult talents were some of the best! Especially Grampy's!! He recited a poem (with amazing actions and all!!)He used to recite this little ditty to us when we were little. It goes like this:
The Thunder God went for a ride
upon his favorite philly.
"I'M THOR", he cried, his horse replied
"You forgot your thaddle thilly" (saddle silly)
The kids got quite the kick out of it!!

Steven taught us how to make it look like your finger was cut off.

And then there was Amanda's amazing trick! She turned herself into a human rocking chair and gave all the kids a ride!! AMAZING!!




And these two cuties just enjoyed the show!!

We headed home on Sunday night, but we brought Porter with us, and left Addie to stay with Nana and Maya. Amanda and her kids (and Addie) are coming up this way tomorrow and then they'll spend a little time up here with us!! Porter and Landon have had a blast playing today. Porter wanted to be a pirate, but this was the best he could find for an eye patch. A barbie bandaid. Not even a manly bandaid!

Landon wanted to be a burglar in his stripped pajamas.

And to make things all the better, my wonderful husband came home with this tonight for dinner.

I really don't think life gets much better!! (well, it could be better if I had a maid I think...)
3 comments:
YEY for BRAD!!!! That is so awesome. Have they picked a day yet?
Maybe it'd be a snidge better if I was there... Miss you guys!
Rockets on Thanksgiving? Very interesting tradition.
Post a Comment