Wednesday, January 27, 2010
5 random, unrelated, thoughts/facts pertaining to my life right now.
Do you think it's too late to send out my Christmas cards? Honestly? I want to know. I paid money to print off some cards (that I think say 'Happy Holiday's' on them) and I was thinking if I just re-wrote the Christmas letter, than I could still send them out, right? I think I will. But is it too tacky? Or screaming 'LOOK AT ME! I'M UNORGANIZED AND CAN'T GET MY CHRISTMAS CARDS OUT UNTIL FEBRUARY!'? Hmmm, I think I'll have to think about it some more.
Onto other news, Landon is doing so much better in Primary and with separation in general. My game plan was to sit with Addie until her teacher got into Primary, then Landon could see me, but not be with me. Then when I leave, they are both adjusted enough, that they don't mind too much! Can I just tell everyone what a relief it is? I feel like a huge load has been lifted off my shoulders. It's so hard, as a mom, to know your kids is really struggling with something and not know how to help them. I'm starting to become hopeful that school in the fall won't be such a nightmare after all!
To randomly change the subject... I got my new Nintendo DS in the mail yesterday. A couple years ago, Steven got me a DS for Christmas, and even though it made me feel like a 13 year old boy, who needed to get a life, I LOVED it. It was such a guilty pleasure. But then someone snuck it outside, left it in the rain, and it was ruined! I finally sent in for a replacement one. I was so excited to get it! When I'll actually have time to play it, I'm not sure. And how I'll be able to convince Landon that he doesn't need to live with it glued to his hands, I'm also not sure, but we'll work it out.
And here's something my sister Amanda turned me onto that I've been fascinated with!! A Daily Docket (click on the link Mom and it will take you to it). This little thing has JUST what I've been looking for. It has everything I've been wanting to work on, and focus on on it. I love filling it out the night before so I know when I wake up what I'm going to make for dinner, what exactly is on my MUST do list (MIT=Most Important Tasks). It's from simplemom.net and has me very excited about getting more organized in my home. My cleaning, our errands, play time, our meals, you name it. I also love that there's a section for 'scripture' where I can write my spiritual goals for the day. Anyway, check it out.
I AM READY FOR SPRING!! Last Sunday it was so nice here! Well, almost 50 degrees at least. Saturday wasn't too bad either. The snow had mostly melted off, leaving a lot of wet grass. Steven and the kids decided to toss the baseball around (that's what the pictures are from, obviously!). but had to stay in the drive way since the grass was too soggy. The kids had SO much fun. Which is funny, because Addie pretty much just carried the ball to Steven's glove, then made him place it in her glove. Landon did pretty good though. But since there, we've gotten more snow and temperatures back in the 20's. YUCK!!! I want to go to the park! I want to get out of the house! I want nice weather!!!! I just need to get used to the idea that's it's a good 2 months away, after all, it's not even February yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I feel you with the spring thing! It was wonderful and now is back to freezing and I'm sick of it! I'd actually be ok with skipping spring and summer and going straight to fall. It's my favorite and I wish we could have it all year long!
Sarah I'm laughing because I just this minute finished revamping my Christmas letter. My plan is to finish addressing the envelopes by Friday night and get them in the mail on Saturday! I say DO IT!
Well I don't care if you send out anyone elses card, but I want mine!! I think I would like a DS...I always enjoyed playing with yours or Jennifers when I would go over to the Smiths when you visited...
You know its been a weird winter up here. There is no snow on our grass. Very frustrating at times because I want to play in the snow but then again I'm LOVING it because I don't have to drive in the mess. All winter long we haven't really had very much snow in Salt Lake City. Different parts of the state have been hammered with it though.
I am pathetically sending out Valentine's Day cards this year instead of Holiday cards...since I never got around to them. SO I say go for it! Send those babies out!
Just add a header that says, "Happy Valentine's Day" and print it on pink paper! People will love getting it whenever you send it.
Come and visit me in California. It's spring here! Our trees out front are blooming and it's 60 outside! Yay!
And I think it's just fine to send your cards late. If anyone gets all uppity about it, they probably don't deserve one anyway.
I think you should put heart stickers on your cards since they say happy holidays and send them out. You could put shamrocks on it, if it takes awhile.
Post a Comment