This is our house. This picture was taken the Summer of '09 after Steven and Casey had ripped out our shrubs and plants. We then planted some more (which I've managed to kill off 2 of my 4 rododendrum plants. Darn! I really need Casey to come back and help me decide what to do with it now!) We bought this house as a foreclosure, and while it wasn't the WORST foreclosure we had looked at, it still needed quite a bit of TLC. We replaced all the flooring in the house, painted, replaced the doors, the sliding door and front door, replaced the water softener (which someone had busted up pretty bad!) and painted the trim outside. However, most of that stuff was done right after we bought the house. There are still a ton of things that we'd like to do. A lot of it is minor stuff, that if we just made a plan on when to do it, it would get done quickly. However, since we got our house to a 'liveable' state, we've just been content with the way it was. Well, not any more. I'm ready to really get this house in a state that I'm happy with, not just able to tolerate! So, here is the list of things we'd like to do over the next year to our house.OVERALL:
*Replace the carpet (again) or lay laminate hard wood floors
*Do something with the landscaping
*touch-up paint outside
DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM:
*replace the vanity
*put in a toilet paper holder (that won't keep braking off!)
*Repaint
*new mirror
UPSTAIRS BATHROOM:
*paint
*stain the laundry chute
*new shower doors
*new mirror
*build in a linen cabinet/closet
LIVING ROOM:
*Put up shelves
*rearrange pictures on the walls
*Paint walls
*paint all trim and hall doors white
*Steven would like to get an electric fireplace, but I'm still not sold on the idea yet.
KITCHEN:
*Paint all trim and cabinets white
*Believe me, there are A TON more things I'd LOVE to do to my kitchen, but it would require a LOT more money than we'll be able to invest. But just for the record, I hate my kitchen!
So, that's my wishlist for the year. Now we're going to make out a plan and budget to get as much of this stuff done as possible. As you can see, some of it is pretty cheap fixes, just require time. I'm really hoping now that once we have a plan we can start really checking things off fast!! And I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting to list. I'll add them later if I remember.
6 comments:
Definatly put in carpet. You want somewhere where the kids can roll around and wrestle with dad. If that happens...I'm not sure, but carpet is always better.
Wouldn't that be fun if I flew out for a long weekend or something and helped you with the easy stuff...like painting and putting up shelves or rearranging pictures!! That would be a blast!
Good luck! I am sure you guys will get it done and the house will look great!!!
I bought my hanging rack today:)
You and Leslie should get in touch and share ideas. She and G just bought a fixer-uper!
My sister-in-law's sister has been TOTALLY re-doing her house on a way tight budget. You should check out her blog because she has some really good and inexpensive ideas...
houseofsmiths.blogspot.com I personally really like what she has done with her baseboards and her kitchen area...check it out.
Post a Comment