Thursday, January 7, 2010

REALLY?!?!

Yesterday started out with such a disappointment! My sister and her family are at my parents for the weekend before they head back to Boston for the next year. The kids and I (Steven had to work and had a dentist apt and some other stuff) were going to go spend the weekend with them so we packed up and were going to leave in the morning. Well, wouldn't you know we got about 2-3 inches of snow the night before then another 2-3 throughout the day? But we thought we'd brave it anyway. We started driving, thinking things would get better the farther south we got. Well, after driving for over an hour and only going about 35 or so miles (going 20 MPH most for a good part of that) we decided to turn around and just head home. Landon and I shed some tears, but once we got home we decided to have some fun. I've been borrowing my friends Cricut (a die cut machine) and had recently borrowed another friends cartridge to make paper dolls. So we spent a couple hours making some paper dolls. Both kids LOVED it!!Landon made a pirate (with a cape) and a super hero.And Addie made a ballerina and a Princess bride.I thought they turned out so cute and I thought the kids did such a great job on them (all they had to do was pick out the paper and glue them together, but still...)!! They loved digging through all my paper to find the right colors and stuff. It was really fun.

When Grant woke up from his nap we decided to have a balloon party. We blew up about 12-15 balloons and let me tell you, that is entertaining for three kids! They had a ball!The funniest part was when I was blowing up balloons. Addie handed me a balloon that looked black. But when I blew it up we realized it was purple. So we called Landon in and I told Landon that Addie was magic and could change the color of the balloon when she said the magic words. Then Addie said 'Abracadabra' and I blew up the balloon to make it purple. Landon was impressed but then said 'I have a hypothesis about that. I think it just LOOKS black when it's popped (not blown up) but when you blow it up you can see the purple'. Oh man, I was cracking up! His hypothesis was right on! (and a special thank you to the PBS show Dinosaur Train for teaching him what a hypothesis is!) Anyway, to think the day started out with such a disappointment, we were able to have fun. And a good thing too! This is what our driveway and side walk looked like after I had already shoveled it TWICE that day! And this was taken around 2:00 in the afternoon!Not the most snow every by any means, but too cold and yucky to do much besides stay inside! And just for fun, here is a modge podge of other pictures I finally got off my camera.Landon and his friend Abby playing in the snow the week after Christmas.Grant and Addie watching from inside (Addie didn't want to go out for some reason!)We went to Malone's Gymnastic and had a ton of fun, as usual!Landon gave me a great foot rub.Addie snuggled and let me rub her feet.And of course we had to have some silly pictures.And most importantly, our little Addie is now Sunbeam in church! She actually did cry when I took her, but I think it was because Landon was freaking out (as usual. I just got some books about kids with separation anxiety from the library and I'm REALLY hoping to find something that will help us with him. If not, school in the fall is going to be my worst nightmare!). Besides her crying a little bit at first she really liked it.

There, now I feel like I'm all caught up again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the circut for Christmas and love it! I have the paper doll cartridge too but have not used it yet. I figure it could come in handy with school stuff!

I love the picture of Addy all ready for Sunbeams! She looks so dang cute!

SNOW...I hate it because it can affect being able to easily travel and visit friends/family! I don't mind if it is in the mountains or if I can just stay inside on a snowy day. I am sorry you were not able to make it to your mom's house! THat is such a bummer!!!

Katy Wilson said...

I got a cricut too...but I haven't used it yet cause my mom is suppossed to ship it to me cause I couldn't pack ...but I am PUMPED to use it!

YOu sould move to Arizona...it's in the 60's today....LUSCIOUS!!

Searls Stuff said...

I can't believe Addy and Maggie are both in Sunbeams already! They are growing up much too quickly. It looks like you are a pro at staying productive on cold winter days.