Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are you ready for this?

Okay, for the time being, our regular computer is recognizing our Internet connection so I can finally put some pictures up!! So, bear with me while I catch up on all my pictures!!We got quite a bit of snow at the end of December and beginning of January so Steven decided he wanted to build a snow fort with Landon. Landon didn't need much convincing! They started by packing the snow into a recycling tub. Then did it over and over again. Then they started filling the trash cans (and Landon was pretending to be Sid the Sloth on Ice Age, that's why he's laying face down in the snow). All the while, Addie and Grant watched (and read...)Finally, Addie decided she wanted to join in on the fun.(honestly, have you EVER seen any little girl cuter? I don't think so!)And this guy. I could just gobble him (and his thumbs up) up!! Seriously!!Addie wanted a snowman, so Steven got to work on that for her (without much luck, actually) while she supervised.And before they came in for hot chocolate we had to get a picture of the finished fort. They were pretty proud of it! (can you blame them?)Grant enjoyed 'drinking' some applesauce while they all played. I'll tell you what, the straw in the apple sauce really is great when you can't sit there and feed them at the moment.
The next week the Elmers came up to visit before they headed back to Cambridge. The kids played in what was left of the snow fort.Then had a dance party in the guest room!While the Elmers were here we went to Monkey Joe's. Grant was really wanting to play on the things, but wasn't quite big enough to get on anything by himself. He was acting really tired and kept getting his lovey and trying to go to sleep. I finally got him to sleep for about 30 minutes, but then he woke up and threw-up ALL over me! Poor guy!And here are some cute pictures of Addie wearing the SUPER cute headband that Jessica (Brad's finance) made for her.And here she is dressing up while cooking in her 'kitchen'.And of course, there's always a couple pictures on my camera of some silly faces!And, lastly, here is a picture of the Family Home Evening board I made this week. (FYI: Every Monday night we (and tons of other families who belong to our church) have what we call Family Home Evening, where we focus on spending time as a family and having a lesson on either a gospel topic or anything that could help our family.) I wasn't going to take a picture until it was COMPLETELY done, but I'm not sure my computer will be working later this week when I finish it. I need to put a nail under each category at the bottom and put our little name tags on them. And I think I'll either hang it on the wall with a red ribbon or just with some brackets on the back. Anyway, not the best picture, but here it is...(I don't think the red letters on the black and white paper is really that hard to read in real life...)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

SO CUTE. I'm glad that finicky computer is working for a bit. The pictures are great, the family home evening board is great. It's all great and we miss you guys so much!

Leah said...

Amanda is right-great pictures! We might have to steal your fort idea, ok? That was way cool!

Searls Stuff said...

Between your snow pics and Amanda's; it makes me sooooo thankful I live in Texas! I glad your little ones are enjoying it.

Rob said...

Hey! First of all, your kids are so cute. Haha. I wish I could be there to play in the snow with them.

Secondly, I fixed my comments again! Haha. Sorrry. Love you, Sis.