We had a lot of fun watching fireworks this year. On Sunday we were at my parent's, so I stayed in nursery with Grant the whole time (mainly because he made up exactly HALF of their nursery). The other kid kept yelling at us, I mean, telling us about the fireworks he saw. It took us a while to figure out what he was talking about because he just kept yelling 'It was POPPIN!!' Anyway, we headed down to watch fireworks at around 9:15ish, and they were supposed to start at 10:00. We got a good seat (besides the fact that it was on a very uncomfortable hill) and waited for what seemed like forever! For some reason, they were late and didn't start until 10:45! Landon was getting a bit antsy and was whining about how long we were waiting. I tried to remind him about the Family Home Evening lesson we had a week or so ago about patience and self control (based off of Elder Uchtdorf's talk from Priesthood session
'Contiue in Patience' We even did a little experiment like the one in the talk but we used peanut butter bars instead of marshmallows and the kids displayed WONDERFUL self control. I was floored, but that's beside the point, back to the fireworks...). Finally I just handed him my camera and told him that he was in charge of taking everyone picture so we could remember who was there. That kept him busy for at least 20-30 minutes, and now we have these wonderful pictures to remember the day with!

Amanda and baby Miles flew in for Granny's funeral and we were so happy they were able to stay longer afterwards!!

Nana being silly!

Brad and Jessica (aren't they so cute?!?)

Very flattering...pregnant and on an uncomfortable slope!!

Cute Addie in her silky pajamas (that she insisted on wearing!)

Tim (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)

Grampy

Hannie

My Aunt Rhonda, uncle Scott, and cousin's Jenna and Carly

James also flew in for the funeral and was able to stay a couple days longer!

Me and Grant

And of course, Landon couldn't leave himself out of it!
It was a great 4th of July and it was so great to be able to spend it with all my siblings and Aunt and Uncle. I wish we all lived closer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment