Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busy as Bee's!

I feel like I have a TON to catch up on, but don't quite have the time to write everything right now! So, I'll just start with the most recent thing, then as I get time, I'll work my way backwards to catch up on the past week or so! Yesterday my best friend and her new fiancee drove 5 hours from Nauvoo to spend about 20 hours with me then drive 5 hours home! I was SO excited she was willing to do that! We were supposed to go to Nauvoo this past weekend to meet Daron, but ended up in Ohio for my Granny's funeral instead. It was so great to just spend the day yesterday with them. Daron is a great guy and I hope he knows how dang lucky he is to be marrying Katy! He and Steven even seemed to get along great (which is impressive, because Steven can be a bit over-protective of Katy, and Steven also is known for not censoring himself, so Katy and I were a bit worried, but it was great!) I'm sure that it didn't hurt that Daron cooked some KILLER ribs for us for dinner last night (thank goodness too, because I had been wanting ribs, bought them at the store, got them home and realized I didn't know how to cook them. I'll be making 'Daron Ribs' more often, that's for sure!) I'm excited to head to Nauvoo in October for their wedding!!! Thanks for coming you guys!(note on the pictures: The one of me and Katy is the best one we got. It was funny because Daron took the pictures and would say after each one 'Oh, that's a great one...' Then I'd look at it and realize I looked like an idiot, but Katy looked great. Obviously, he was only looking at her in the pictures (the way it should be). In the picture with Daron and Katy, PLEASE ignore the smudged dirty mirror in the back ground. It has since been washed, and I PROMISE that it didn't look that bad when the flash wasn't reflecting off of it!!)

3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

I think you looked great in the picture, too!

Kathy N said...

Thanks for posting this Sarah. It is the only picture so far of Daron and Katy. I am so glad they could come.

Katy Wilson said...

yucka....that's all I have to say...but I am SO GLAD we came down to and even though we were driving for over half of our visit it was SO WORTH IT!!!