Remember when I used to be able to update my blog somewhat regularly? Remember when I didn't have to go to the public library just to check my e-mail? Well, our computer arrived from being 'fixed' on Monday morning. Holy cow! I was EXCITED!! Imagine my disappointment when I plugged it in, and found that they didn't fix it at all! All they did was reset it to the manufacturers setting (which we had already tried!). Then after spending about 3+ hours on the phone with people from both the internet provider and the computer company (and from both the US and India) I finally had to take it back to the fed ex store to ship it off again. I was not thrilled about this, and was even more frustrated when I got to the fed ex store, only to realize the lady from the computer company on the phone didn't give me all the numbers I needed to ship my computer off. So I had to load the huge computer box, my three kids and my ever growing pregnant belly, back home, call again, get all the numbers from a different person, head back to the fed ex store and ship it off. I thought I'd treat the kids and I to the afternoon at the library. But to my totally frustration and dismay, the librarians were being total idiots and kept nagging my kids about EVERYTHING. And let me tell you, I'm not the kind of parent who think her kids are perfect, but my kids were actually suprisingly well behaved. But Addie was sitting on the floor, right next to me, looking at a book and set the book next to her, within 10 seconds I hear, 'You need to pick up that book. Someone might step on it and break it'. really? We're in the corner, and she's sitting right next to it. If they're going to step on it, they'll step on her, and how in the world do you break a BOARD BOOK? I can't even remember all the other idiotic things they kept gripping at my kids about, but then Addie and Grant got a cracker out of my bag and were quietly eating it (no eating in the library of course) and the librarian start stating over and over again (while I'm trying to carry all of our stuff and keep Grant from running away from me (because no running in the library, even if you 18 months old and your run is as fast as a walk) 'That cracker needs to be taken out side to be eaten. Ma'am please take them and their crackers out side...' over and over again. I grab Grant, grab the cracker out of Addie's hand and state 'Like there aren't bigger problems in this world than a girl eating a bite of cracker in a library!!' I hurriedly rounded up the kids, checked out and headed home even more mad and frustrated than I was before. Anyway, needless to say, my pregnant hormones and orneriness can't handle being pestered by annoying power hungry librarians (who I hope aren't reading over my shoulder, since I'm at the same library with the same workers typing this) and dumb computer companies who have you ship you computer in to be fixed only to NOT fix the problem.
Ahhh... I've really missed my blog. It really is quite a good outlet for me! I kind of feel better already. I'm also excited to head to Nauvoo tomorrow for a week! It will give me a break from my unchosen Amish lifestyle I've been living the past 2 1/2 weeks. I better get home and get my laundry folded and packed since the kids are sleeping and the library closes in about 10 minutes! It is a lot nicer to come here when Stevens home with the kids though, that's for sure!!
p.s. Dad, thanks for commenting on my blog. Hopefully this little rant will hold you over until we get our computer back!!
3 comments:
Since when does dad know that blogs even exist?
I'm giving you a virtual high five for talking back to those cranky librarians. I accidentally flipped someone off while I was driving the other day. I'm glad I'm not the only pregnant person who can't control their hormones.
This hopefully will hold me over! I've missed your blogs!
I didn't know Jims was pregnant! Congrats; when's the happy day? Hang in there Sarah. Hopefully your technology woes will end soon.
Post a Comment