We were so lucky to have my sister Amanda and her four kids here for a visit this past weekend. We were so sad to see them go this morning. The kids had a BLAST playing, making messes, dressing up, running around outside, getting dirty, staying up late and just spending time together! Of course I didn't take many pictures of the kids, because I was too busy enjoying Amanda's company, but we did manage to get a project done and I took quite a few pictures of that! Amanda had been wanting to make T-shirts for the kids using freezer paper stencils. You basically make your own stencil out of freezer paper (by cutting a picture or object out of freezer paper, then ironing the freezer paper onto your shirt, then painting over it. I have to admit I didn't have very high expectations, but was SUPER excited and happy with how they turned out!!

Landon and his dragon shirt. His red wasn't all the way dry and he smeared it a bit, but he was too excited to wear it to wait until it was all the way dry.

Bennett got this cute ninja. I was sad that his shirt was too small because it turned out SO cute!!

Grant and his Rocket shirt. I'm not sure what is going on with the face he's pulling in the last picture!

Maya and her unicorn shirt. I guess I didn't get a picture of hers closer up. But you can see how cute it turned out!

Addie and the princess shirt. She LOVES it! I was so happy with hers too, because this was just a normal shirt of her, so it fits great, and it had a little spot on it that the princess covered up. Good way to make use of stained shirts!

Miles was sleeping when the kids tried them on and took pictures, but this is the shirt for him. SO CUTE!!!

It was just about impossible to get a decent picture of this group all together!! The pyramid turned out pretty good though.

I'm hoping to makes some more some time this week. The kids love them and they're cheap and fun!!
p.s. it's driving me crazy how the pictures are different sizes. I'm going to work on figuring that one out!
3 comments:
The shirts are super cute! What kind of paint did you use? That looks like something Leslie would like to do, or even an "Additional Relief Society Meeting" activity.
Love the shirts! So awesome!
really cute shirts!!
i talked to rodney last night and I think he booked his ticket to come to nauvoo in october! well...he didn't book them on the phone with me so you never know...and i am still not holding my breath about it...but he was online figuring out which flights would be the best and stuff...it looks hopeful...
in other new i am SO SAD you won't be here today for the bridal shower...i know it's still going to be amazing but it would of been that much more amazing if you were there.
Post a Comment