Monday, September 13, 2010

Today was the day!!

Well, after what seems like forever, Steven started his new job today. I feel so blessed that he was able to find a job that pays better, has much better hours, and has better benefits (so it seems so far, and we had GREAT benefits with CINTAS) and we don't have to move! For a while we got our hopes up that we might be moving closer to my parents (and who wouldn't love that?!) but alas, this job came through, and so we're staying. Thank goodness my parents are only three hours away though. Now we just need to get Steven's family within 3 hours, or heck, even 8 would be better than what it is now! Anyway, we love the area we're in and are thankful we get to stay a bit longer.

Steven wasn't nervous or worried at all (at least that's what he said). The guy who was training him was going to be out of the office until 3:00 today, so Steven only had to work today from 3-5! We actually had breakfast together this morning, which was super exciting for me. And I think Steven enjoyed sleeping in past 5:00! He said that he pretty much just met everyone today, but thinks it will be a great place to work for. He'll be working for the sales department of 'Fielders Choice' (an ag. business that deals with seeds and stuff for farmers, which Steven knows NOTHING about, but is willing to learn). I wanted to take a picture of him before he went to work today, but he wouldn't let me. He said, and I quote, "I'm not your baby boy on his first day of school...". But still, he looked SO handsome (as usual)! Since he wouldn't let me take a picture of him, here's a few random pictures that I don't think I've posted yet.FOREVER ago we went on a city bus ride with our Mom's and Tot's group from church. The kids had a BLAST!!This is where Grant spends most of his late afternoons. At the window waiting for Steven to come home. This particular day he wanted to wear a cape, made out of purple blanket, while waiting. I wish he would have let me take a better picture of him in his cape, because he looked so darling in that thing!!The cuddle-buddies. This was a while ago when I came home from a Relief Society meeting or something and found Steven and the two older kids zonked out on my bed, which isn't unusual. It seems like if Steven ever has to put he kids to bed this is how I find them when I get home. He just can't resist snuggling with his babies!This is Landon and Addie going into swimming lessons earlier this summer. They insisted on wearing their goggles on the way to the pool, but I'm pretty sure neither of them kept the on during their actual lessons! Funny pictures though!

4 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Yay! Congrats to Steven and you too ;).

Kathy said...

I miss you guys :(

Lake said...

That is so great for you guys. I tell you, these job changes can be stressful huh? But it ends up being worth it in the end.

Katy Wilson said...

Dear Sarah,

I miss you...
I wish we lived closer...
I wish I was a better emailer/facebooker/caller...
I wish we weren't 3 hours time difference...
I wish Steven's job took him to Phoenix or Mesa or Tempe...heck I'd even take Flaggstaff or Tucson...
I wish Daron would get some super sweet company that wanted to pay him double what he gets now to move to West Lafayette and be their IT guy...

But...this is reality and it is what it is!

I love you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Oh, and you missed one ROCKIN purple sparkly bridal shower!! But I won't rub it in!