Saturday, September 25, 2010

Not for this noggin...

My mom was going to try to make these super cute hats for our new baby when she comes, but my mom wasn't very confidant in her crocheting talents, so I decided to try my hand at it. The first one I made the newborn 0-3 month size. I was really happy with the way it turned out, but I'm pretty sure there is no way it will fit a Harward baby's noggin. My kids have all had huge heads, and this little hat was so tiny, I was pretty sure it wasn't even worth making another one. I wish the picture showed just how tiny the hat was. I have it on one of the kids balls (and that ball is so small that Grant can hold it with one hand without much difficulty) in the first picture, but I feel like you still don't quite get the feel for how tiny it is! The second one I made, I tried the 3-6 month size, and it look like it had the potential for a much better fit. The flower also turned out a lot better on the second hat. The good news too is that it took me about 1 1/2 hours to make one hat, start to finish, and I'm hoping I'll just get faster as I get more experience.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

so cute, i'm amazed.

Searls Stuff said...

I think they are all cute. You could always give the tiny one to Addie for her baby dolls.

Kathy said...

I love it and am jealous that I can't make one. Will you teach me? It WAS my idea, you know.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them!! They are so stinkin' cute!!! Great job! Hey, did you pick a name yet??

Sabrina Danielle. said...

Oh what lovely little hats. So adorable!
xo

Dani said...

Super cute! Yay you.

Candace said...

This is adorable. Way to go you.

Steph said...

Hey, I found your blog on Brittany's - I love these hats!! You are amazing! Love and miss you guys!

Steph Southam