Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Routine...
I'll be honest, one of the main things I was dreading about Landon starting school was the schedule. That EVERY morning we HAD to be up by a certain time. We had to get ready and out the door by a certain time. That our day would revolve around picking him up at 11:40 every day. I was REALLY dreading it! So far though, I'm loving it! I love that I'm showered and dressed and ready for the day at 7:30ish. We have an hour then to get breakfast and dressed (which takes about 10 minutes total since he lays his clothes out the night before), teeth brushed and we've implemented morning chores that are done during that time too. So, when we walk to the bus stop every morning at 8:25 everyone is dressed, fed, teeth brushed, and chores done (the kids chores are just to clear the breakfast table, unload the dishwasher, and put their pajamas in the laundry hampers). Then when Addie and Grant and I get back from sending Landon off on the bus, it seems like we have some free and flexible time. And when 11:40 comes around to pick him up, we're all super ready because we've missed him so much!
Yesterday we started our weekly lunch group again. It's just a goup of friends who get together once a week for lunch. I had such a great time getting out and chatting that I stayed clear through Grant's nap time! We didn't get home until about 3:30, which is when he normally wakes up. I let the kids watch Scooby Doo (their new obsession) and within 3 minutes Grant was zonked out! I was actually surprised, because although I knew he was super tired, he's normally the kind of kid who has to be in his bed and alone to fall asleep. Anyway, I was lucky enough to cuddle up with him for about 45 minutes. It was so great. I never get to cuddle with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys are doing so well with the school routine! Addie and Grant are looking so grown up. Where does the time go? We are also getting in a groove and I seem to get so much more done in the morning.
I love the expression on Addie's face! I can almost imagine her in 20 years or so, gazing at her own little one while he naps. Beautiful!
Post a Comment