And lastly, here's another boy hat I finished. I didn't have the right size hook, so I'm going to try it again. Once with the bigger hook, but adding a couple rows, and another using the right size hook. I tried it on my friends little boy today and it just didn't quite go down far enough on his forehead. But besides that, I think it's a super cute hat! I'm getting excited to sell these at the craft fair in a couple weeks!!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Encouragement at Walmart
There were a few things that I had to get at the store today. My plan was to go while Landon was at school. That didn't happen though. Not because I have a good reason or excuse, just because I was feeling lazy. So, after I picked Landon up from school, we headed to Walmart. Because it was lunch time, and we hadn't eaten, we stopped off at Subway (in Walmart) to eat quickly before we did our shopping. To say my patience was thin would be pretty accurate. Landon (who loves Subway) started throwing a little crying fit when he couldn't decide what he wanted he wanted on the sandwich. He didn't want any of the toppings on it, but was pretty mad about having a plain sandwich. They kindly put the toppings I thought he might like in a little box on the side. But since I was already tired and running low on patience I didn't feel like being very compassionate to his crying fit (which luckily wasn't loud and embarrassing, just ANNOYING!) Anyway,as I was filling a drink for us, an older man came up to me and said 'Looks like you're one busy woman!' I assured him that sometimes it felt like that. He then told me that he and his wife had 8 children. Then he added with a coy smile 'So far...' (they had to be at least in their early 70's). He and his wife then just went on and on about how great it was that I was having another baby. How wonderful my kids were. How great having kids and a family are. They were SO sweet, and exactly what I needed at the moment. I tend to get the 'You've got your hands full' a lot but usually it's with a look at my bulging belly and a tone that suggests that they think I'm either certifiably insane, or super irresponsible. Okay, not all the time, but it feels like I get that look a lot. Anyway, it was just so great to run into someone who not only supported what I'm doing, but found it important and valuable. And I thought it was funny, how the rest of our shopping trip went fairly smoothly all because their comment lifted my spirits! And here's a shot of my belly three weeks before this little girl comes!
To make things even better at our house, we came home from the store to TWO packages! One from my mom and one from Steven's mom. The kids were THRILLED to get two packages FULL of Halloween treats.
And lastly, here's another boy hat I finished. I didn't have the right size hook, so I'm going to try it again. Once with the bigger hook, but adding a couple rows, and another using the right size hook. I tried it on my friends little boy today and it just didn't quite go down far enough on his forehead. But besides that, I think it's a super cute hat! I'm getting excited to sell these at the craft fair in a couple weeks!!
And lastly, here's another boy hat I finished. I didn't have the right size hook, so I'm going to try it again. Once with the bigger hook, but adding a couple rows, and another using the right size hook. I tried it on my friends little boy today and it just didn't quite go down far enough on his forehead. But besides that, I think it's a super cute hat! I'm getting excited to sell these at the craft fair in a couple weeks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Look at that big belly. I JUST LOVE IT!!!! OH SO EXCITED!!!!
I get that look ALL THE TIME. I'm always saying "No, my cart is full. My hands are empty." or to my mom "Why can't they say what well behaved children you have!" No, it's always You've got your hands full! With a negative undertone. Blah!
What a great experience you had with that man! I totally understand that look of "irresponsibility." I feel so self conscious when people give me negative comments or looks.
...so far... I'm laughing my butt off
Hooray for that couple who took the time to encourage you. I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant. Good luck and I hope she comes sooner than you expect. By the way...what will be her name?
I saw one like this for an adult with a multicolored mohawk on top. I was going to buy it. Let me know if you can make one.
Post a Comment