Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun!

I love holidays! Any reason to celebrate is a good reason! Even though when I think about it practically, I think it's a bit crazy to spend SO much money on candy, only to give it all away, and come home with less (and worse) candy than I started out with! We went to our ward's Trunk or Treat last night and then used most of the candy that we got from there to hand out to the Trick or Treaters that came by tonight.

Anyway, I've been excited for Halloween this year, especially since we were trying to do home made costumes (kind of). I was really happy with how the costumes turned out. Landon was Mario, and LOVED his costume. I went and bought some mascara to use for his mustache, and he wore his costume (mustache and all) for about 3 days before Halloween. Addie was Princess Peach, and we just used a dress-up dress that we had that could work but it was too big on her. So we put a big sweater underneath and used a ton of safety pins to keep it on. She was happy to wear mascara and lip gloss and have her hair curled. Grant was the CUTEST little Luigi I've ever seen! He didn't really care much about the costumes, he did like his hat, but he was just happy to have a sucker in his mouth (which he did have ALL NIGHT last night!) I didn't get very good pictures, which I was bummed about. But at least I remembered to take some pictures.We just found a green T-shirt at Jo Ann Fabrics, but it was way too big for Grant. I didn't think it would be a problem though, since it was going under overalls. We put a fuzzy pajama shirt under it, which is why he has red sleeves as well.This kid was just thrilled about EVERYTHING having to do with Halloween! THRILLED!!And Addie felt fancy, and that's all that matters, right?My friend Miranda was up visiting with her daughter and Abby was Cleopatra. I thought her costume (that her grandma made for her) was fabulous!! SO cute!!And here's my little Mario Brother Crew.

Then today, even though we didn't go trick or treating, we had to do something in the Halloween spirit, so we decorated sugar cookies. That's always fun (and messy!).

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So cute, you did a great job and everyone is adorable. I'll try to get a post up eventually.

Lace and Joe said...

love love love all of the costumes. You did a great job Sarah.

Zarsky Family said...

Great job on the costumes! The cookie decorating looked like a blast :)

Sophie Caroline said...

Grant looks like Pugsley Adams in the cookie frosting pictures.