In other news, Steven seems to be liking his new job still. I got a letter from his new employers telling me that they are sending me a infant car seat as a baby gift. I was so excited about that! Even though I just got a free one a month or so ago. How thoughtful. Steven is done with training and started actually working on his own this week. Because it's the busy time of year for them, they sometimes have to work some evenings. Monday Steven worked from 1-10. I didn't really feel like making dinner that night, and we needed to go grocery shopping so I told my kids we could either run a few errands on the other side of town, then go to Chick-Fil-A for family home evening, or we could go grocery shopping and the kids could pick what ever they wanted at the grocery store for their dinner. They were so excited about the idea of picking whatever they wanted from the grocery store that there wasn't even a second hesitation. After they had picked out their dinners (Landon picked corn dogs and Addie picked cereal) I told them that we had to run to Aldi to get a few things. Landon asked what and I told him that we needed milk and eggs and a few other things. He informed me that the grocery store we were already at had those things, but I told him that they are cheaper at Aldi, so we go there for those things. He stopped and looked at me and said 'Mom, are we cheap people or something?' Why, yes. Yes we are. And proud of it (kind of). It cracked me up!
In grosser news, twice this week Grant has put a toothbrush in a stream of pee while someone was peeing in the toilet. Once when Steven was going to the bathroom, Grant forced his way in and quickly stuck his toothbrush in the stream of pee (SO GROSS!). But even worse, last night the kids were all in the bathroom brushing their teeth before bed and Landon decided to go to the bathroom. Well, Grant did the same thing (with a different toothbrush obviously) but then quickly stuck the toothbrush in his mouth! YUCK! I was not in the bathroom at the time but I heard Landon yell 'no, No, NO GRANT! EWWW!! NO! GROSS! GRANT!! YUCK! EWW!!!' and then Landon came running out to tell me the whole story. Yeah, so gross!! Never a dull moment around here!
3 comments:
That is the funniest story about Grant!
I didn't know Steven had started a new job. Congratulations! As for the pee stream/toothpaste; I agree with Landon!
HA HA HA - I just love Landon, Addie, and Grant. I thought the pee story was quite funny! (P.S. I read the story to Joe and he said: GROSSS!!!)
Post a Comment