My very dear friend Katy got married this past weekend. I was so thankful I was able to go out for the wedding. Steven couldn't go, so my mom willingly traveled out with me and the kids. And what a trooper she was. She did all the driving to save my legs the pain from sitting in that position for 6-7 long hours, and she very patiently dealt with Grant yelling 'NANA' almost the whole way home.
Katy looked STUNNING! Her dress, hair, and make-up were all perfect and beautiful. I didn't get the best pictures. I felt like I kept snapping but they all turned out less than perfect. Daron is one lucky guy, and I'm SO sad that they'll be all the way in Arizona. If they were closer then I could have Katy around more (and we could eat Daron's yummy bb-q'd ribs more!!).





I had the hardest time thinking of what to get Katy for her wedding. I felt like I wanted to get her something more personal than just a random thing off of her registry, but I wanted to make sure it was useful and that she would like it. Being on a budget made it all the more difficult to figure something out. I decided to make her a table runner for each season, but only got the Autumn one done. I'm hoping I'll actually get around to making the other ones. But with this baby coming soon, I'm not making any promises. I loved the fabric I used to make the runner. I'm not sure why, but I thought it was so 'Katy'. I hope she liked it as much as I did.

Now I just need about 4 days to recoup from it all.
5 comments:
The runner was amazing...and we all loved it! Thank you for coming and for being such a good friend all these years.
The bride was beautiful and I think the runner is fabulous!
Aww...I am glad you posted this because I was feeling bad missing it all. She does look amazing!!!
Thanks for posting these pictures! I was so upset that my work schedule didn't allow me to go... She looks amazing!!
oh dang...sorry it took me so long to see this blog!!! thanks for posting those pictures cause I haven't heard back from my photographer yet and it was nice to see them!
i too am sad that I will be living so far away for proably the rest of my life...but i'm still holding out for our next door mantions in the life to come!!
Post a Comment