Monday, January 10, 2011

the after the holiday blues

I'm going to get serious about some goals and resolutions. I haven't decided exactly what they will be yet, but I'm having fun thinking about what it is I'm going to work on. We had two fun filled weeks with tons of family around, and now that it's over I'm feeling lonely and empty. There's nothing to look forward to now. I was looking forward to Christmas with my whole family for MONTHS, and now that it's over, I don't know what to look forward to next. Hence the reason I'm excited to get serious about some goals. That will give me something to work towards and look forward to.

I think part of the reason I'm feeling the post-holiday blues is because in my mind, my parents and sister's family are still living in the holiday spirit. While Casey is finding a job, Amanda's family is staying at my parents. This means that our normal (almost 2 hour long) phone conversations in the morning are missing, or shorter (they did call me this morning and were both on a phone so it was like we were on three-way calling again) and they're shorter because they are having fun together. I'm feeling left out. But that's okay, we've planned a craft retreat in a couple weeks, and I'm REALLY looking forward to that!!

And speaking of crafts, look what I've started making. (these below aren't quite finished yet)My neighbor asked me the other day if I knew how to make slippers, because her son wanted her to make some. I told her I wasn't sure, but would look into it. I'm glad she mentioned it because I need something to keep my toes warm! I've been wearing my new UGG's (thanks Mom for suggesting them!!! I can't even put into words how much I LVOE them!) all the time because they're oh so soft and warm! In fact, tonight I walked down stairs wearing them, and these comfy capri/goucho/yoga pants that I have and Grant looked at me and pointed to my boots and said 'Cute, mom!' Good thing he's too young to notice how tacky I am (sorry for the bad picture, but I wanted to try to capture my tacky outfit)!Anyway, so I've made some slippers for me, Grant, and Addie, now I need to make some for Ella and Landon. I also have 5 hat orders I need to make, so I can fill my time with crocheting, I guess!

In other news, I've been living with Punky Bruester lately.Addie has been really into colors and patterns lately, and insists on getting herself dressed and fixing her own hair. She ALWAYS wants her hair down (which means STATIC central) and she always picks the best outfits. Like the one above. She told me it matches because they're both stripes. I guess she's got a point.

6 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

I'm sorry they get to have fun without you, but the craft weekend sounds like fun! The slippers you made are super cute. I hope you have a great day :)

Kathy said...

FUN?? If you count doing dishes at least 10 times a day, cleaning up Miles messes 10 times a day, laundry out the wazoo, cleaning toilets with little boy pee all over them, cooking, sleeping and a few game fun, then you are right, it is sooo fun having them here but we miss you so much. Love you.

Kathy said...

oh, yeah, and CRAFT DAY here we come!!

Katy Wilson said...

When did you learn how to crochet so well?? Remember when you were teaching me how to crochet in college and I would get SO MAD if I messed up or it wouldn't do what I wanted it to? I think I was trying to crochet circle...so I gave up and just crocheted scarves and blankets...

Katy Wilson said...

and P.S. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to come to craft day! :(

Kathy said...

Katy, you are officially invited