We were so blessed to have my dad and brother-in-law here for Ella's blessing. It was a great week having all the family in, and it was so wonderful to have some of the great men in our lives here to stand in the circle while Steven blessed Ella. We did miss both of my brother's though, who were in Utah. I had been on the lookout for a dress for her. I had both of my boys blessed in different outfits, and I wanted my girls in different ones too, so I can give them those outfits when they have children. My mom was so sweet to make Ella the sweetest dress. It was just what I was wanting. Plain and white. She looked SO sweet it in. And I crocheted her a hat to go along with it.

She LOVES to be bundled, so I had to snap one before we took the blanket off.

She's winking at me letting me know that she'll give me a couple seconds, but then I'd better bundle her back up!

And the couple seconds are up! Look at how precious that dress is though!!

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of her with Steven and my dad and Casey! But I did get one of her and my mom in the hall at church!

And a close up of the sleeping princess!
And since this is my only form of record keeping right now, I'm going to list some of the things that were said in her blessing (and since the entire congregation heard the blessing, it's not like it's a secret or anything).
She was blessed with health and strength. A testimony of the love that her Heavenly Father has for her. She was told she was a special spirit and that she was part of an elite generation and that much will be expected of her. She will work in the church, in her family and home. She will prepare for future service and will help prepare those around her. She was told to look to and follow the example of her mother and all she does for the family. And to seek her mothers guidance and to strive to build a relationship with her mother. She was blessed to be married in the temple and have children. She was also blessed with wonderful friendships and relationships in her life.
It was so neat and always a wonderful experience to have a baby blessed. We feel SO lucky to have her in our home. Everyone is madly in love with her and she has such a special spirit about her.
2 comments:
Congratulation Harward family and especially little Ella.
She looks like a precious angel!
Post a Comment