Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Last bit of odds and ends
1~ Steven decided to grow a beard over Christmas break. It's the first time since we've been married (and maybe ever) that he's gone that long without shaving. I thought he looked rather dashing. But I sure like kissing him more when he's clean shaven! This sleeping picture of him and Ella is the only picture I have of him with the beard.
Then he decided to go creepy and shave it all but the mustache. NASTY!!!! Who would have thought that such a handsome and good looking guy could look SO nasty just by adding a mustache?!
2~Ella started smiling these past couple weeeks. It just makes my heart melt when I start talking to her and she starts smiling. She's even smiled a couple times when she's heard my voice, but hasn't found me with her eyes yet. SO CUTE!!
3~And lastly, I'm hoping to break Grant of his thumb sucking habit in February. I'd like to let him keep his lovey, so he could still have one of his comfort objects, but I'm starting to think it might be harder than I originally thought. I tried bandaging his thumb one night last week, and he cried for a while and took a long time to fall asleep. And he didn't sleep good that night at all. Finally around 3:00 in the morning, he was in our bed and I finally let him take the bandage off just so we could get some sleep. I haven't tried it again since. I feel like I need to have a better plan before I jump in and start. I'm afraid we're in for a bumpy road!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I sucked my thumb all the way through first grade...my mom used to put this NASTY tasting stuff on my thumb so it would taste bad...
I stopped...but I don't know if it was because of that or not...
Oh man!!! Please tell me he has shaved off the stash?!?!?! So horrible! Love the picture of Ella and Grant and Hannah!
Your baby is beautiful! I hope you can get the thumb sucking licked. I have a little boy in my second grade class that still sucks his. None of the kids tease him, but several have asked him why he does it. I just keep telling them, "He will quit when he is ready."
I seriously laughed out loud when I read/saw the picture of mustache Steven. Brandon came over to me to see what I was laughing at and started to giggle too. I told him to never be greasy mustache man! Ella is SO cute and definitely fits in with the rest of your cuties. Congrats!
Good luck with the thumb-sucking...we finally managed to break Abigail of it when she was about four, but we'd been working on it for about a year. We tried bandages, the Thum nasty-tasting paint stuff, etc. What finally worked for us was putting a Band-Aid with a Barbie picture on her thumb, because we told her she could pick out a new Barbie if she stopped sucking her thumb. So every time she looked at the Band-Aid, instead of ripping it off she remembered about the Barbie. It worked for us, but the downside is that the kid has to be old enough to reason with!
Post a Comment