Thursday, March 17, 2011

LOVELY!!!

(I hope everyone sang 'LOVELY' like Eliza Doolittle from 'My Fair Lady')

The weather has been SO LOVELY today. Like, B-E-A-UTIFUL! Windows open, kids outside ALL DAY LONG, sun shining, short sleeves, BEAUTIFUL! Ahhh...it's wonderful. To make it all the better it was St. Patrick's Day, and we love any and all holidays around here. I made the kids some St. Patrick's Day shirts. I didn't get them done as early as I would have liked (as in, I finished Landon's late last night, and didn't get Addie and Ella's made until this morning). I didn't make one for Grant because he didn't have a stained shirt to use, plus he has like 4 shirts with green on them. Here's a glimpse of our day, through pictures. I can't find my camera, which has a few more pictures that I took later this afternoon, like the one with Ella wearing the shirt I made her, so I'll have to save that one for later!Enjoying the sunshine (it's was a bit too sunny for picture taking!)For some reason I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of Grant!!!Close up of Landon's shirt. I wish I would have had more time to put another coat of the gold on it so it would have been a bit darker (or used white), I didn't think it was as easy to see and read as I would have liked.Battle wounds. Landon got in his first bike wreck yesterday. This is what it looked like today, it busted up his lip pretty bad. It's actually quite swollen, but it doesn't show in this picture. It's mainly swollen and cut on the inside of his lip. I'm just glad he had his helmet on!!I didn't think I'd get Addie's shirt done for today, so last night I made her this head band. I was surprised how cute it turned out (in my opinion)! But then I got the shirt done, and even though the green's didn't match, she wore both!I made these booties/slippers and the headband below for Ella. I was really happy with the way the headband turned out, and I'd like to give the booties another go around. I tried to use a pattern for smaller booties, but then add some stitches to make it bigger, as a result, one slipper is a bit bigger than the other, but they fit her well and look so cute on!!!And lastly, Steven brought this beauty home. Our first car we bought after we got married was a little white, four door Geo Metro. We bought it for $500. It was a great car, that got great gas mileage. Steven's been looking for another one since he drives about 40 minutes, each way, for work, and with gas prices the way they are, he thought a Geo would be a better commuter car. So, this is the new addition to our family.Anyway, that was our day in a nutshell (not to mention the green rice we had with our stir fry. I tried to tell the kids that a leprechaun snuck in and turned it green and they didn't buy it at all. Landon even said 'Mom, I was sitting right outside, and I didn't see ANY leprechauns ANYWHERE around our house, so I know you did it!!'). Overall, it was a great day, and I have the weather to thank for that!!

3 comments:

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Sarah, your kids are ADORABLE! I LOVE the shirts you made them and the cute head bands for Addie and Ella!! I LOVE IT!! Those battle wounds look like they hurt!

Julianne said...

I love the sleeping picture of Ella! Such a cute headband.

Leah said...

Sarah, I love those shirts-how did you make them? (If you don't mind sharing?) And I know you sell them, so you might not want to share your patterns for the hats and headbands but if you are would mind passing them along-they are super cute! You are such a fun mom!