Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dadless Days

Steven is out of town for the majority of this week for work. I'm quickly realizing that I hope he NEVER has a job where he has to travel a lot! We've been doing fine, but I sure do miss him (and he just left yesterday morning!!). Here's what we've been up to since he's been gone.

~Last night I went to be later than I would have liked. I have been trying to be in bed by 11:00, but last night it was around midnight when I finally fell asleep. I don't like sleeping by myself!

~At 12:30 Grant woke up crying for his daddy. So, he became my bed buddy.~At 1:30 Addie woke me up because her legs were hurting with growing pains. So I gave her some Tylenol and rubbed her legs for about 15 minutes.

~At 2:30 Ella woke up. I told myself that she is 8 months old, doesn't need to eat every three hours anymore, so I'd just let her fuss it out in her bed.

~At 2:50 I got Ella and fed her so I could fall back asleep!

~At 4:00 Landon woke up from a bad dream (where I got out of the van and the van drove off with all the kids inside and Landon had to jump to the front of the van and turn the van off, then get everyone out of the car, while holding Ella. Then they didn't know where I was...it was 'the saddest dream he EVER dreamed!')

~At 5:30 Grant woke up and needed Cereal (that's a Steven job!)

~6:45 my alarm goes off telling me I should get up. I resisted the urge to chuck it across the room and just turned the alarm off and fall back to sleep until 8:00!!!

Considering the fact that no one in our house got much sleep last night (least of all me!) things went pretty well today. The kids played outside, we had swim lessons, I went visiting teaching, I made dinner during quiet time so dinner time would go more smoothly. We got their bedroom cleaned (and I didn't lose my temper, which is saying a lot because generally when I clean WITH my kids, I get mad that they play and I clean, but today they worked really hard).While cleaning the kids room I decided to actually charge the batteries to their cameras that they got two years ago at Christmas. Here are a few gems that I found on the cameras!This is me when I'm pregnant. This is pretty much what I look like for 9 and a half months (only half the time I have my head in the toilet instead of on a pillow)!! Not the best picture of me, but it documents what my kids saw every day when I was pregnant with Ella.This next picture is THE CUTEST THING EVER!! Honestly, my mother heart sings when I look at this picture!!!This next one totally cracks me up!!Above: How do I not remember Grant being that little? And just learning to walk? When did he get so big?!? Below: Addie laying in bed taking picture of her feet.A couple self portraits from Landon.The low point for the day was one time this afternoon when Grant told me that he had to pee. We ran to the bathroom and when he was done peeing I tried to convince him that he should try to complete some other 'business' while he was on the toilet. He assured me that he was done, my mother's intuition told me otherwise. But I couldn't force him, so her jumped down. About 5 minutes later I walked downstairs to find poop on the floor that had fallen out of his pant leg. Lovely. Good thing that boy is so cute!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love you and I keep thinking about my mom saying how much she loved reading your blog. It is as if I am there with you. I can almost hear you.

Lace and Joe said...

Love the blog posts and the awesome pictures! Thanks!