The jets were SUPER loud! Ella about had a heart attack when they first flew over. They circled around and flew over one more time, and the kids were prepared with their ears plugged. While eating our ice cream on the way home we decided the wait for them was worth it, because they were pretty darn amazing!!!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Family Day
In the summer work is really slow for Steven. As a result, he gets to just work a half day on Friday's. This is SO nice, and I think I'll really hate when work gets busy again in the fall! This past Friday when he got home he told us about two F18 Fighter Jets that were going to be landing at the local airport. We loaded the kids up and went to watch. A guy Steven works with knew one of the pilots, and as a result we got to have an up close and personal look at these super cool jets.
Unfortunately they were delayed a bit, and it was HOT, so the kids got a bit cranky waiting. But what better way to pass the time than snapping pictures of each other?


We found a shady spot (because like I said, it was HOT) and waiting a bit more comfortably there, although, with the humidity, it's not that much cooler in the shade!



See that dress Addie is wearing? I made it the night before out of an old pillowcase. It was SO easy (the hardest part was making the bias tape, which I will be buying next time I make one of these. It wasn't really hard to make the bias tape, just time consuming, but I'm glad I did, because I used the coordinating pillow sham, so the ties match the dress).

The jets were SUPER loud! Ella about had a heart attack when they first flew over. They circled around and flew over one more time, and the kids were prepared with their ears plugged. While eating our ice cream on the way home we decided the wait for them was worth it, because they were pretty darn amazing!!!
The jets were SUPER loud! Ella about had a heart attack when they first flew over. They circled around and flew over one more time, and the kids were prepared with their ears plugged. While eating our ice cream on the way home we decided the wait for them was worth it, because they were pretty darn amazing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a great picture of you and Ella, did you get your hair cut shorter? Looks like a lot of fun, you've inspired me, I need to go find something fun to do, and no ALDI doesn't count.
Your little ones look soooo cute! I am glad Steven is able to spend so much time with you. Next time maybe you can find something a little cooler (temperature wise)!
Post a Comment