Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth of July!

I'm a bit late on this, but it seems like with me and this blog, it's either feast or famine!

We had a WONDERFUL 4th of July weekend. We went to my parents house and met up there with my sister and her family and my Aunt Rhonda and her family. Things were much smoother than I imagined they'd be. We had 11 kids, the oldest being 8, and 9 adults (11 if you count Brad and Jessica when they were there). It was just 5 days of FUN! We got in a lot of swimming, playing with cousins, food, a pinata (or as Steven and my Dad, within a minutes of each other, without hearing the other called it a pinanya), home made ice cream making (we did 5 different kinds: sweet corn and raspberry (it was surprisingly good, and tasted a TON like sweet corn), peaches and cream, strawberry, buckeye, and a carmel one) and crafts.

My Aunt Rhonda got all the stuff for us all to make hair bows. It was such a blast sitting around in the evening making all sorts of cute bows and flowers!! We even made cute patriotic ones! And because there is going to be a ton of pictures, I'll limit the words!When in the world did this boy get so big?!?! I have no clue how this happened!My sister-in-love (I like that term much better than sister-in-law) is a very talented photographer and couldn't resist snapping pictures of Ella while we were there, and I can't blame her!The pinata was (as always) a hit (pun intended).Addie sporting her pretty patriotic bow!We didn't get the sleep we needed, and poor Grant just fell asleep right on the stairs!!Addie enjoyed helping make the ice cream. We only used one with the hand turn ice cream maker, the other kinds we made with electric ones, which made it so much easier!My cousins, Jenna and Carly played so well with all the kids. I swear my life would be a lot easier if I had Jenna around. She loved having Ella on her hip!!No visit is complete without a ride on Grampy's "tractor" (a.k.a the lawn mower)And of course, we all love Nana!! It helps that she gets so dang excited to see us (but again, can't blame her, we're always a barrel of fun!).And the kids swam non-stop while we were there. Which was so nice, since it was quite hot most days!

Since this has taken me entirely too long to write, and because I'm tired because Ella refused to sleep for longer than a hour at a time, I'm going to finish tomorrow with the sparkler pictures. I know, you're all dying to see them!!

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I made a comment but it was signed in under you :) Looks like a great weekend..... oh wait, it was a great weekend!! So much fun, so little time. Let's do it again sometime. Love you

Jims Porter said...

I'm so sad I wasn't there to see everyone.