Tonight Landon and Addie were asking me to tell them stories from when I was little. So I told them about the time my dad swallowed a fly (they were worried, because of the old lady who swallowed a fly, that perhaps he'll die. I told them that he wouldn't die from a fly). And about the time my dad sat in some gum on a road trip so we were all grounded FOREVER from chewing gum in the van. Then I told them some stories about our dog Sugar. As I was telling them about a little secret club we used to have Grant started telling us a story from my childhood. He kept telling me to stop talking because it was his turn. His story went like this:
"And....Grampy climbed on the roof. And...Grampy said RAAARRRR!!! And....scared everybody! Then Grampy said 'CHARLIE BROWN'"
Oh man, we were cracking up! My dad always calls Grant Charlie Brown. In fact, I'm not sure if my dad has ever called Grant by his name.
Grant also took a bath like this tonight:


And went to swim lessons like this today:

Grandma sent a package a while back with swimming stuff in it. He's kind of obsessed with his goggles. Even though he can't be in swim lessons, he's making sure that he's putting those goggles to good use!

This week the heat has been killing us! With the humidity our temperatures have been feeling somewhere around 115-120. It's really been MISERABLE! Luckily, Landon and Addie's swim lessons are early enough that we're home by 10:00 so we don't have to be out in the extreme heat, but I still feel bad for poor Ella and Grant (and me!).

Normally I have anywhere from 3-5 loads of laundry in my bedroom waiting to be folded. I HATE FOLDING LAUNDRY!! But for the past 2 weeks or so I've been keeping up with it all. I just woke up one day and told myself 'You're thing is laundry. You're really good at keeping it done up and folded' and guess what, that little pep talk helped! The sad thing is I asked Steven last night 'Have you noticed that there haven't been any loads of laundry in our room waiting to be folded? That I've been folding it all right away and getting it put away?' And, because he's so super observant, he didn't notice of course. Oh well, I feel better keeping it all done up (I did, however, give Steven a talk about how he needs to notice me and the things I do, then I told him to tell me what a good job I've been doing with the laundry, because I'm not ashamed to admit that I tell him if I want praise for something or need more attention for something! We're both a lot happier where there's not guessing involved)!
This morning I woke up feeling stiff and sore (I've been having trouble with my shoulder for about 4 months now). I decided to check and see if netflix had any yoga videos, and of course Netflix did not disappoint!! So, I selected a yoga video and started doing it. Addie joined in, Landon looked at me like I was nuts then walked out of the room and Grant laughed at me for a while. Then, annoyed that I was using his netflix instead of letting him watch Barney or Mr. Bean he started yelling at me "NO! MOM! NO DANCING!! STOP DANCING!!" Addie and I were getting quite the chuckle out of this, because, as I'm sure you know, yoga isn't really similar to dancing in very many ways (although, maybe my wobbling at trying to keep my balance in certain poses looked like dancing?)!
1 comment:
"We're both happier when there's no guessing involved" hahaha. so true. I also cracked up about the wobbling dance yoga. I wish you lived here and we could go to the gym together.
Post a Comment