Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Enchanting Ella...

This week, I've decided to spotlight Ella. She's only been around these parts for about eight months, but we can't hardly remember life without her! She's getting SO big and brings such joy to our home! Here's some things you should know about Ella.{1} Her siblings love her. I mean, adore her. I mean, they're OBSESSED with her! Every time she wakes up Addie and Landon both ask me if they can get her out of her bed. The poor girl can't hardly sit on the floor without someone trying to hold her or play with her. Luckily, she seems to really like the attention.{2} Ella loves to scream. Not necessarily cry, just scream! Addie was a screamer when she was little, and I think that Ella might be giving her a run for her money! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've actually set her out side, in her high chair, shut the sliding door, and finished making dinner just so I wouldn't have to hear her. Obviously, I could see her the whole time, but there was that door between us that helped me keep my sanity since I couldn't hear her as well!{3} At the beginning of June Ella started cutting her first teeth. Now, six weeks later, she has 5 teeth!! This could contribute to the screaming, but seriously, 5 teeth in 6 weeks? She just needs to slow down!{4} Ella LOVES to laugh. If I laugh, she laughs. Addie's favorite thing to do with Ella is the laughing game. Addie fake laughs and then Ella laughs back. It's pretty darn cute!{5} Ella learned how to clap this week. If we say 'YAY!' she'll perk up and start clapping. It's about the most adorable thing EVER!{6} Ella, even though she's eight months old, doesn't roll over. I'm pretty sure she can, but she doesn't! She loves to be sitting up, but if she falls over she just lays there. She won't roll. As a result, she spends very little time on her stomach, so she's not too close to crawling. She'll sit and reach forward and rock on her bum and hand, so there's some progress. I'm hoping she'll start crawling soon.{7} Ella LOVES her mama! She gets so excited when I walk into the room. She cries when I leave the room. If Steven is holding her, she'll be perfectly content until she sees me, then she starts whining until she gets passed off to me. (I LOVE that she loves me so much!! LOVE IT!){8} Ella has the most kissable cheeks ever! In fact, everything about Ella is kissable! She's too sweet!{9} Ella loves to eat. She'll eat just about anything, well, except for most baby foods. Luckily, we just mash up our food and she LOVES it. She's following in Grants foot steps and really loves black beans (one of the only foods Grant would eat when he was little).{10} In conclusion we are all absolutely crazy about Ella. She's such a blessing in our lives. Just yesterday Landon said 'Ella is just SO cute, well, when she's not screaming' but I'd venture to say that she's even cute when she's screaming (just not very tolerable)!

2 comments:

Jims Porter said...

I might suggest you edit your title:

"Enchanting Ella the creepy face thief."

Amanda said...

We were at aldi yesterday and passed a display of black beans and my kids kept saying "Grant would love this".