See, lame pictures, but pictures nonetheless!Sunday, July 10, 2011
Fireflies...
A favorite memory of mine is from college. One day we were talking about our childhood memories. I mentioned that I LOVED catching fireflies when I was little. My roommate, who was from Washington, looked at me and said something to the effect of 'Were you riding your unicorn at the time too?' I told her that unicorns aren't real and she said 'Well, fireflies aren't either! They're mythical creatures like unicorns'. I laughed for a LONG time. I couldn't believe that she'd never seen a firefly!! So sad! As a result, I make sure to let my kids stay up late at least a couple times when the fireflies are here so they can experience the joy of catching them. Since they don't come out until around 9:00 and my kids usually go to bed around 7:30 (yes, even in the summer-this momma needs a break sometimes!) it's even more exciting for them because they get to stay up late. A couple weeks ago (see, I'm behind on my blog!) we decided to let the kids stay up and catch and watch fireflies. Addie, who takes after her dad, couldn't stay awake that long. Landon and Grant had a good time though! (sorry for the bad pictures. I was having too much fun trying to get Grant to find them to take any decent pictures. Plus, my camera doesn't work the best at dusk!)
Poor girl couldn't stay awake long enough!
See, lame pictures, but pictures nonetheless!
See, lame pictures, but pictures nonetheless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment