This wonderful boy had a birthday AGAIN! I'm not sure how his birthdays seem to come so fast, but I swear he just turned 2 like a couple months ago. Now he's 7!!! SEVEN! Sheesh!!
On August 18, 2004 I was 11 days over due. I felt like a beached whale, but was terrified about going in to labor. My doctor schduled an inducement (after all, he was 11 days late!) and I was so scared. I was completely convinced that I was going to die during childbirth (I tend to over react when I'm pregnant-well, okay, most of the time I over react!). We got to the hospital at a little before 7:00am. I don't know the time frame of everything. I know eventually they broke my water, and it was still taking forever. Finally I started to have some contractions that I couldn't really relax through, or between. The told me I could have and epidural. Once that was taken care of I pretty much slept until it was time to push. I went from sleeping and not feeling anything, to KNOWING that I needed to push. Finally, after about 1 1/2- 2 hours of pushing, Landon Blaine Harward was born at 10:58pm. Our lives were changed and blessed forever that day. My mom and my Granny were able to be in the room for his birth with me and Steven. It was really amazing.
All I can say is that Landon has changed my life forever and I couldn't ask for a better 7 year old boy to call mine!!
No comments:
Post a Comment