I'm not sure how people survived before the Internet (and free long distance, and cell phones). My mom got married right after high school to my dad. A month or so later, they moved to Germany for 3 (is that right mom? 3?) years. While there, she had her first baby. And somehow she (and her mom) survived without a blog, or e-mail, or skype, or facebook, or even affordable long distance! How did she (and my Granny) survive that? I'm just not sure. I got my hair cut on Tuesday and I think my mom has mentioned at least 2 or 3 times that I need to put a picture on my blog so she can see it. And I only live 3 hours away. And we talk for AT LEAST an hour EVERY SINGLE DAY on the phone, and I just saw her over 4th of July weekend. Back when my mom was a new mom (and new wife) living in Germany, her mom probably didn't even know if she ever got a hair cut. I'm sure when they talked they had so much to catch up on that they didn't fill their conversations with talk about hair cuts and such nonsense. Gee, I'm thankful that I didn't live then. I love being able to talk to my family more often and feel more connected thanks to blogs and other forms of technology. What a blessing!!! (and speaking of blogs, the other day Landon was playing with his digital camera and her took a picture of Ella. He looked at it and said, 'Oh, that's really cute. I'm going to put that on my blog!!' I thought that was SO funny. A lot of times I'll tell him to let me take a picture of something so we can put it on the blog for Grandma and Nana to see.)
Now, without further adieu, here's my new haircut.
First: This is how I looked yesterday when I didn't fix it at all. This uncontrollable wave used to be fun, now I just find it annoying!!!


Luckily, for me (and anyone who has to look at me) it straightens fairly nice and lays pretty well. Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. You get the idea, right?


7 comments:
Thanks Sarah. I am so grateful we don't live back then also. I love talking to you most everyday. Your haircut looks very sassy with it straight.
Big amen to the first part of the post. It would be crazy hard to live not near family if it weren't for all the ways to be 'connected.'
I love your hair wavy- but that's probably because mine is straight and I only wish for such beautiful waves. :)
Your haircut is way cute!! -Tally
Oh my gosh! it's so so cute. You are very brave:)
Super cute hair! I'm also glad I get to talk to my mom everyday :)
Way way way cute!!! Mine is cut pretty short right now too! I also agree about the technology thing...what they heck did we do before internet and cell phones?!?
Thanks for the Birthday wishes the other day! It was so good to hear from you, even if we couldn't really chat!
Love the hair cut!!! It looks extremely good on you! (I have to say that I laughed a little more at my brothers comment about it). Love you all!
Post a Comment