BAKING (Addie always loves to bake something with Jennifer. She even took her apron that Nana made for her so she could wear it while we were there. Jennifer then pulled out the apron that my mom made for her, so they had matching aprons!)
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Nauvoo
We were excited to go to Nauvoo this past weekend to visit with our dear friends the Smiths. Eli (their son) and Sarah (their live-in-niece) are heading west for college in a couple weeks and we wanted to make it out there to see them one last time before they moved so far away. As always, it was a wonderful trip filled with...
BAKING (Addie always loves to bake something with Jennifer. She even took her apron that Nana made for her so she could wear it while we were there. Jennifer then pulled out the apron that my mom made for her, so they had matching aprons!)


FUN PIONEER GAMES (The Nauvoo pageant was still going on and we were able to enjoy some of their pre-pageant celebrations. Like the stick ball game, stilts walking, a puppet show (which was SO funny because the 'boy' kept laying down after every line. OH MAN I'm not sure what was funnier, the show or watching Landon laugh so hard he almost fell off the bench!!), coloring pictures, bean bag toss, banging on drums playing with tops and all sorts of other fun things!!)













DRESSING UP IN THE SMITH'S DRESS OF CLOTHES
And beautiful Nauvoo sunsets and so much fun that Grant puts himself down for a nap (we weren't sure where he was, and found him one afternoon like this:
It was a great visit and we're glad we made the trip!
BAKING (Addie always loves to bake something with Jennifer. She even took her apron that Nana made for her so she could wear it while we were there. Jennifer then pulled out the apron that my mom made for her, so they had matching aprons!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
sniff...I'm glad...sniff sniff...you had a ...sniff...good time...sniff sniff sniff...
Awesome! What happened to Grants leg? Looks like it hurt.
That little scraped knee tugged at my heart! Nauvoo looks like a wonderful place to visit in the summer time especially since my only trip there was that crazy dash up for your wedding in the dead of winter!! I have some good friends from church who was supposed to be there last week. I can't wait to hear all about their trip.
It was really fun to see you guys. Im glad that your kids are more familiar with me now and we can talk and have fun together. I loved how cuddly Ella was. I wish you guys lived closer and could come more often.
I miss you guys and I miss Jennifer. The picture of her made me want to make a trip to Nauvoo (or St. Louis).
Matching aprons cute, grant's scratched up knees cute, you getting your hair cut like addie cute:)
oh, and Landons bat costume hilarious
Post a Comment