We had a birthday party for Landon this year. Sadly, this is the first 'friend' birthday party that any of my kids have had. After talking for a bit, Landon decided to do a 'Superhero Party'. I'm not sure why, but I don't love lots of character things. Plus, I feel like some stuff that they gear towards little kids isn't really age appropriate. So, Landon and I chose a mascot for his party, and this was the guy Landon chose. I loved the personality that came out through these pictures, probably because if Landon were a super hero, I would imagine he'd be just like this little guy, so we used them for his invitations. (images found here and I hope I'm not breaking any laws by using them. I didn't buy them, but I only used the pictures for personal use)
Anyway, back to the party. I felt like it was a success. The best part about it was that my mom and dad and sister and our good friend Tim all decided to come up and surprise Landon for his party. Then my sister and her family decided to come too, so the night before the party we had a houseful of our favorite people and were able to party most of the weekend!! Sadly, I was too busy having fun to snap too many pictures. I did catch this cute one of Grant and Miles though! They were such cute friends this visit. 

We decided to forgo the pinata this year for a fun game that gives the same results. Instead of them hitting a pinata for candy we had two villains that the kids had to chase and hit with little balls. Every time they hit a villain, the villain would throw a handful of candy. Our villains took their parts seriously and did an awesome job!
4 comments:
It sounds like Landon had a fun party. -Tally
Super cute ideas! I love the villain game! So cute!
The villain game is such an awesome idea! Happy birthday to Landon.
This was a great party!! I wish I could have come. I mean Hazel. ;)
And I meant to tell you earlier that your dream about coming to Switzerland was way funny. I think it's funny that it was on your brain. It's a sign-you have to come visit! But totally don't worry about losing weight first!
Post a Comment